What I wish the Phillies looked like....

TheFloridianLogoMan

I know that it seems a lot of teams use circular primary logos in Major League Baseball. However, I think the Phillies could make it work nicely, especially with their awesome Swiss-Roll P logo. The idea of this came from the fact that most NL outfield walls back in the late 70's and 80's had the "P" logo alone inside of a white circle, which I liked more than the Independence Hall mark as the primary logo

phillyprimary.png

(It really does remind me of a Swiss Roll)

I do, however, still like the Indi-Hall logo, albeit, as a alternate logo, with the Hall itself slightly recolored, and worn as a patch on the uniforms....

phillyalt.png

The uniforms....without the racing stripes.....and a new hat (yes, the hat logo would be the same as the current throwback caps)

phiconcepthm.pngphiconceptrd.pngphiconceptalt.png

Summary, nothing really original....just my idea of a combination of eras.

C&C is welcome as always

EDIT: Uniforms revised

Man, this is EXCELLENT! I really like what you've done.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

These are sweet, but I'd put a little powder blue in the away; it seems weird to have it as the predominant colour in the home, but not the road.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

These are sweet, but I'd put a little powder blue in the away; it seems weird to have it as the predominant colour in the home, but not the road.

I put my road jersey first, lol

I'm sure you meant put a little powder blue in the home jersey. This is based off the traditional 70-92 Phillies set, which only had powder blue on the road, and none on the home. So, the home uniform is not supposed to have blue on it.....that's what makes it consistent.

I actually like that there's no powder blue in the home jersey. It makes it feel more like a 'clash' jersey, which I think is preferable to the boringness that is the grey road uniform.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I love the logos, but I feel that the uniforms are too dated. It's hard to take an old set without many major changes and make it work. I would try to modernize the throwback look and definetly use the philidelphia script.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I love the logos, but I feel that the uniforms are too dated. It's hard to take an old set without many major changes and make it work. I would try to modernize the throwback look and definetly use the philidelphia script.

I feel the P-chest is a timeless baseball look, so I kept it the same.....I did add a new numeric font, as well as a name plate that features a rarity....vertical-arched letters

(Added into the main post)

I definitely think that the new numeral fits in more with the primary mark than the Arial font does.

Arial is the Comic Sans of Sans-Serif Fonts.

Actually, I think Comic Sans still fits that category.

This is by far the best of the recent wave of Phillies concepts. Very cool.

I think it's safe to say that most Phillie fans as well as rival fans...Kev...miss the swirly-P era look. I do too, lol. We can only hope one day....

Everything looks good, I think you need to have the same kind of P on the ball cap as you do for Philadelphia with the alternate

besides that, they look good

philsalt.png

It would only work if the primary patch is taken off the arm. I personally perfer what I suggested, but this isn't too bad either.

I was thinking you would use this:

philadelphia2.jpg

you could keep the patch that way

how would that look?

philadelphia2.jpg

you could keep the patch that way

how would that look?

More like this......

phillyscript.png

I find it hard to believe that it would fit on the jersey as nicely as the cursive script does.....luckily, the script is indeed cursive, and it states the location name, not the team name......my rule of thumb is, if the home uniform team name script starts with the same letter as the cap letter, then the cap letter must use approx. the same font as the script on the home jersey (examples: Pirates, Cubs, Angels)...but the location name may use any other script (example, 1992 Pirates road, 1990's Twins road)

It might seem a little out of place, but the swirly-P on the arm would compliment the swirly-P on the cap enough to make it a consistent look.

I will say this, I wouldn't mind seeing that "phillies" script make a return, albeit on a batting practice/spring training uniform.

Archived