Southern Arkansas University Concept

jsb_0403

So, I attend Southern Arkansas University, home of the Muleriders. We have a very unique mascot, probably a very funny mascot. haha. Historically the football team hasn't been that great, and neither have their uniforms.
Here's a look at their three previous set from current to last.

I'm here to hopefully change all of that.

These are the helmets they've used, they used the Riders one up until 2005 when they updated to their current one on the right. They used the Riders helmet at a time when they were actually trying to phase out the mule. They have since had a return in school pride, and it now seems like the Muleriders are here to stay.
gColSAU.GIFsouthern-ark.gif

Right now, I just wanna start out simple, and pick out a logo. This is probably going on a blue helmet, I just want to know what you guys think would look best on said blue helmet.

Here is the current logo:
currentsaulogo.png

Here are my concepts:

C&C is needed and appreciated!

Eh. You didn't really fix anything. The problem with the logo is that it's too detailed, imo. With unnecessary details to boot. If you want to make an upgrade, try simplifying the logo. Redrawing it. That's the only way I see it getting better. And, when you remove what I think is an original image (horseshoe), and replace it with a real logo that doesn't fit the other part, it's a downgrade.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Eh. You didn't really fix anything. The problem with the logo is that it's too detailed, imo. With unnecessary details to boot. If you want to make an upgrade, try simplifying the logo. Redrawing it. That's the only way I see it getting better. And, when you remove what I think is an original image (horseshoe), and replace it with a real logo that doesn't fit the other part, it's a downgrade.

I get what you're saying, and I'm working on it now. I'm not sure I understand the last part though.

Here's the simplified mulerider. Let me know what you think, and what I should do from here. I am gonna draw my own horseshoe, I just haven't yet.

saulogo2.png

This is the one. good job reducing details and still keeping a good visual. I'm excited for the rest of this concept.

PPq00.png

Here's the horseshoe I've drawn. C&C Please! After some feedback and modifications, if needed, I'll combine the two logos and we'll see how that looks.

horseshoez.png

You mean muleshoe.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here's the horseshoe I've drawn. C&C Please! After some feedback and modifications, if needed, I'll combine the two logos and we'll see how that looks.

horseshoez.png

You mean muleshoe.

Muleshoe haha sorry. Horseshoe just flowed a little better. But the drawing is based off of a muleshoe.

I'm curious, why go with the muleshoe? Your concept is technically very good, but it isn't very far removed from the current logo.

I didn't have that big of a problem with the school's current logo. I just didn't think their muleshoe matched the mulerider. I wanted to have something that went together better, IMO, before I continued with the concept. The uniforms, however, will be far removed from those of the past.

muleridergold.png

I like this one. Might I suggest a common black outline to both mulerider and shoe?

SAU always dissapointed me because they had such a unique name (which is pretty common with us D2ers) but a weak identity. Its bad when your conference logo is better than any of the schools. lol. I'm excited to see what you do with the jerseys!

Oh and did you really have to show our silver-white-grey combo? =/

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

muleridergold.png

I like this one. Might I suggest a common black outline to both mulerider and shoe?

SAU always dissapointed me because they had such a unique name (which is pretty common with us D2ers) but a weak identity. Its bad when your conference logo is better than any of the schools. lol. I'm excited to see what you do with the jerseys!

Oh and did you really have to show our silver-white-grey combo? =/

I tried the black outline, it just didn't look right. haha I know, right? Its weird now that SAU isn't in the GSC anymore.

haha sorry about that, but at least y'all have actually been good at football haha

So, here are the uniforms. I added the stripe to the helmet, I think it gives in less of a high school look. The striping on the jersey and pants is what I like the best, the Temple style stripes with the sublimated muleshoe. I thought that would be something unique for SAU. Something unique to them, at least in their conference. I kept the Mulerider wordmark on the home jerseys, but added S. Arkansas to the road. I also added a conference patch and the Mulerider logo to the collar.

saumuleriders.png

C&C please!

Archived