thespleenenator's Pro Combat

thespleenenator

So, after lots of hard work and effort, here's Boise State. Before moving along, I honestly want to thank drdougfresh and Brave-Bird 08 for giving me some really good advice. Love or hate, I put a lot more effort into this because of you guys.

For Boise, Nike promised us blue vs red (Georgia). So I made them blue. Very blue. I also put in a sublimated Bronco neck on the shoulders (which was much harder than it looked).

BoiseStateProCOmbat-1.png

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goes back to cleanliness in your presentation. You left the '4' on the MSU update (it's blocking an outline on the pants), and the outline is way too thick.

As for this BSU idea, I like the dual-tones of blue, but to be a BSU jersey I think it needs some orange somewhere. The numbers are designed to be italicized, which is why it looks like they're rotated now. They could use some cleanup, too. And why did you use the Bronco neck on the shoulders?

Goes back to cleanliness in your presentation. You left the '4' on the MSU update (it's blocking an outline on the pants), and the outline is way too thick.

As for this BSU idea, I like the dual-tones of blue, but to be a BSU jersey I think it needs some orange somewhere. The numbers are designed to be italicized, which is why it looks like they're rotated now. They could use some cleanup, too. And why did you use the Bronco neck on the shoulders?

Woah, didn't even see that on MSU, thanks for the catch. I out some orange on BSU now. I used the bronco neck because I honestly think it looks cool. When isolated, it's an interesting pattern, and I always thought it would on perfectly on the sleeves. The numbers aren't rotated, that's just how I traced them from an actual photo.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

After thinking and thinking, I finally came up with a Pro Combat for Georgia. Now, at first glance, this seems like a pretty pathetic attempt at a concept. It's incredibly boring, and has little design elements. There is a reason for this. My first design was a 60s throwback with a silver helmet, some stripes on the uniform with monochrome red. Then I realized that the 60s teams were horrible. Not exactly something you want to look back on, especially when you are doing pro combat. So the, I thought to make a design similar to Boise's only with Georgia's red. But I thought that would be to easy and lacking creativity. So after that, I thought of the 80s teams. But everyone always wants to throwback to that era. Wasn't there some other Georgia team that was as successful? In fact, there was. The 1946 Georgia Bulldogs went 11-0, beating North Carolina in the Sugar Bowl, 20-10. It was the first undefeated, untied season in Bulldog history. The only thing I added was the hip patch and the logo on the helmet.

GeorgiaProCOmbat.png

Georgia's official colors are red and black, not red and white. That's like stripping Ohio State of their gray from the scarlet and gray. Also, we almost always exclusively render the G in black, VERY rarely red. I'd go back to the drawing board here.

Georgia's official colors are red and black, not red and white. That's like stripping Ohio State of their gray from the scarlet and gray. Also, we almost always exclusively render the G in black, VERY rarely red. I'd go back to the drawing board here.

You didn't read the post above, did you?

I get the idea of what you're doing with Georgia, but it just doesn't work. A design completely devoid of black doesn't look good. None of the RL Pro Combats have ever left one of a school's primary colors entirely off.

Miami - No and no

Florida - No and no

Florida State - No

Ohio State - No and no

Clemson - No

TCU - No and no

Oklahoma - No

Texas - No

LSU - No

Mizzou - No

Virginia Tech - No and no

Boise State - No

Alabama - No

Oregon State - No

Pitt - No

West Virginia - No

I get the idea of what you're doing with Georgia, but it just doesn't work. A design completely devoid of black doesn't look good. None of the RL Pro Combats have ever left one of a school's primary colors entirely off.

Miami - No and no

Florida - No and no

Florida State - No

Ohio State - No and no

Clemson - No

TCU - No and no

Oklahoma - No

Texas - No

LSU - No

Mizzou - No

Virginia Tech - No and no

Boise State - No

Alabama - No

Oregon State - No

Pitt - No

West Virginia - No

RL Carriers does pro combat :P . The shoes are black, if that means anything, but yeah, I'll see what I can do to add some in. Would an outline of the numbers and name work?

It's easy to replicate something that old-- everything was bland back then. I think the real challenge is incorporating the historical aspect with today's Georgia. Sure, it could be a Pro Combat-- but they're never strictly throwbacks. There's always something that is modern and cutting-edge. I feel like you just took the easy way out on this one-- and yes, I read the description. This doesn't say Georgia to me.

I thought this was Nebraska at first. Really dropped the ball here, TBH. If you look at Georgia's athletic department as a whole you will see a lot of black, silver, red, and white all working together (very well) in harmony.

bbal // sball // baseball

The football team is actually the only athletic team that doesn't really embrace the modern font, as well as a near 50-50 balance of red and black, as the teams are known as "the red and black".

For a UGA Pro Combat I gaurantee you fans would rather see a crazy modernized version with tons of silver and black and red than see a Nebraska look a like from the 1950s. This just isn't well thought out at all.

I know that sounds harsh, but not only is it not fitting, but it's very boring. When you are admitting with your post teaser than your concept is boring, it's time to not post and give it another go.

I thought that might be the reaction, so I fixed it up a bit. I kept the jersey the same so the throwback aspect would still be intact.

GeorgiaProCOmbat-1.png

Couple of things: shoe detail, you missed a spot; same issue as before with the UO unis, no white anywhere but the numbers; the uniform isn't very cohesive with the colors just strewn about; pant logo is a bit too large.

I think this needs a lot of love still dude.

I thought that might be the reaction, so I fixed it up a bit. I kept the jersey the same so the throwback aspect would still be intact.

GeorgiaProCOmbat-1.png

This just doesnt work. It's involved with three different colors. Grey with the helmet, red jersey, and black pants. This could be great if it were a black jersey with grey pants and the grey helmet. I really liked the 'G' on the helmet though.

Like I said earlier in this thread you have to balance the colors better throughout the whole uniform. I really can't think of many cases where the colors on the helmet aren't on the jersey and pants. It basically looks like they are wearing practice jerseys with old helmets and new pants. The logos also look really bad with just one color. You gotta make everything consistent and streamlined otherwise its not going to look good. I know you are trying to be creative and everything but my best advice is to just try and think out of the box while keeping everything consistent and streamlined.

I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to help you improve this.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Eh still to plain. take some inspiration from the basketball teams black alts. They've got a very unique stripe pattern which i like alot more than the 80's one that looks way to much like tOSU. And try some coller spikes or chains or something. Think Junkyard Dawgs.

Here's a link to last years BBall vs. UT when we wore the blacks. http://www.georgiadogs.com/photogallery/gallery_index.html?school=geo&sport=&

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Eh still to plain. take some inspiration from the basketball teams black alts. They've got a very unique stripe pattern which i like alot more than the 80's one that looks way to much like tOSU. And try some coller spikes or chains or something. Think Junkyard Dawgs.

Here's a link to last years BBall vs. UT when we wore the blacks. http://www.georgiadogs.com/photogallery/gallery_index.html?school=geo&sport=&

Good idea. Yeah, I'm not tryingg to toot my own horn, but I think an example for UGA would be this. Fully incorporates elements of school's visual identity, unique, and different = pro combat.

There's a lot of other examples on these boards as well. I just think a lot of your concepts have come out bland and unfinished looking.

Archived