Creating a University from Scratch II

drdougfresh

First post has been updated with the updated primary/secondary.

Alright, this will probably be the last post on this concept for a little bit-- with blase's contest coming up. I finally finished something for the football team that I really liked. The intent behind the design is that a fox is a naturally sharp, quick animal. Cunning, sly, etc. are typically used to describe a fox, and so I wanted to incorporate that into the design.

I went with the sharp-pointed stripes for that reason, and kept it simple and clean to help create the "speed" look. The all-black alternate is to be worn in "big" night games-- which would most likely wind up on weeknights on ESPN (much like Boise has done for so many years), as this school would probably wind up in a conference like the crumbling WAC to start. The black alt features slight gradient numbers as well, to add to the modern and speedy look of the uniforms.

SNUFBPres-1.png

C&C por favor :)

I really really like this set! No real problems anywhere... the only thing id suggest would be to replace the 2nd tone of orange on the orange set with white to add a little bit of contrast. great work man!

I'll second this. I really like the striping you used, and the number font looks good too. The orange set does need a little white though.

I really really like this set! No real problems anywhere... the only thing id suggest would be to replace the 2nd tone of orange on the orange set with white to add a little bit of contrast. great work man!

I'll second this. I really like the striping you used, and the number font looks good too. The orange set does need a little white though.

Quick and easy update. Thanks for the feedback, gents! The two-tone on the orange set looked a lot better within Illustrator, haha.

Near 1,000 views and just 16 comments. Oi vey. Looks like I'm going to retire this, then.

I believe if no one comments, the concept is good. people ever liked to see the bad points and then, talk about it. My Fantasy University (Maybe I'll Finish, Someday), have a lot of views, and any comment.

BTW. I really liking your concept to Sierra Nevada. Mainly the Black Alt.

I think asking for comments probably annoys people and saying you're going to retire a series because of lack of feedback seems...unseemly. There's a lot of noise on the boards and people don't necessarily always come to concepts to reply. It's not bad work, though. And you probably know that.

I like the academic mark. I think the helmet shouldn't have the tailed S though, it doesn't seem to work as well for me, though I get the "Oregon" simplicity of it. I'd like to see a bit more creativity in the athletic logo as the whole thing seems almost too sedate for an athletic logo of a new institution.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I like what you've done. My question though is why the decision to have 2 black helmets? Why not have an orange/red shell along with the white and black?

I may just swap the black helmet back to what it was before on the home uni. I was mostly concerned with the striping matching, but completely spaced the fact that it creates a (generally) needless helmet. I held back from the orange shell because I think it would be too much. I may be able to pull off an orange helmet with that all-black set, though. I'll toy with the idea. Thanks for the feedback!

I really like the logos, and the football uniforms are great. The biggest gripe I have to pick with them is that the S logo is very hard to see on the black helmet, especially because it creates a mostly black-on-black logo. I don't know if that was intentional, but I think it takes away a bit from what could be a good identifying mark.

Archived