American Football goes International

capitalcanuck

it simple take football plus the globe and you have this

USA

Two things jump at you bellotti bold and nnob but it works imo it has patriots style striping and where boise has broncos we have "never forget" and down the pants and gloves in honor of the people who died in the military and 9/11

USAwc-1.png

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

For a USA concept you're really leaving out, um the rest of the USA. Sure commemorating the fallen US military and the recent attack on US soil is okay. But why not salute Pearl Harbor instead? I'm just saying, for this concept, try and include the rest of the USA.

that was included but i forgot

germany next

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

No disrespect to 9/11, it was one of the darkest days in our history, but I think you should leave it out. Say this international football thing is real right, and they're playing a game in like January, 9/11 is going to be irrelevant so I think you should leave it out and keep the concept RWB.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Do not like the USA on the helmets why no Eagle?

The two different colours on the shoulders is unusual and detracts from the rest of the uniform.

Also the third looks out of it's depth with Grey? white, blue, red and a dark blue face mask, the identity you have tried to create is lost.

Maybe on the back of the jerseys under the number you could put NEVER FORGET?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

US WILL be updated tommorow

but now it Germany. Adidas is a no brainer choise so lus stlye stripes but with the flag colors away is a tribute to the soccer team with white and black cuffs and a gray 3rd insted of black

germany.png

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

but now it Germany. Adidas is a no brainer choise so lus stlye stripes but with the flag colors away is a tribute to the soccer team with white and black cuffs and a gray 3rd insted of black

germany.png

The black eagle on the helmet on the helmet on the leg is a good choice, but shouldn't it say "DEUTSCHLAND" instead of Germany? Or is the theme to keep them all in English?

Couple of issues here:

Minimizing the entire history of the US to a day that most people are saddened by is a horrible idea. Sorry if it's harsh, but that's not representative of the history we have. Yes, it's great to commemorate the day (shield on the flywire collar?), but basing an entire design off that seems a bit much. We have a lot more to go on than that-- eagles, stars, bold stripes, etc. I think it would be a good idea to take this in a new direction.

As already stated for Germany, it should say 'Deutschland', not Germany. I like that you used anthracite for the third, but it introduces a challenge with the helmet logo, it's barely visible.

I had fun doing my series on this (my first post on ccslc, actually), and I think it's a fun way to learn. And that brings me to my next point: research. Cultural symbols, colors, patterns, and even soccer/hockey uniforms are great to look at for ideas and guidance. As a German fan (3rd generation), these are markedly more "loud" than most of what I've seen them wear. I get that they're concepts, but it adds to the realism, you know?

Keep it up, can't wait to see what you come up with.

it simple take football plus the globe and you have this

USA

Two things jump at you bellotti bold and nnob but it works imo it has patriots style striping and where boise has broncos we have "never forget" and down the pants and gloves in honor of the people who died in the military and 9/11

USAwc-1.png

Well. seems I have to send all my International league to trash.

germany.png

If someone can, someone can convert the Techfit Pants to Paint?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, USA Numbers don't need stripes. Belotti Bold is Ugly, Maybe a Block (USA are Home of Sport. need something to represent this), and 9/11... I can't say, I'm Brazilian. and using drdougfresh words:

Minimizing the entire history of the US to a day that most people are saddened by is a horrible idea. Sorry if it's harsh, but that's not representative of the history we have. Yes, it's great to commemorate the day (shield on the flywire collar?), but basing an entire design off that seems a bit much. We have a lot more to go on than that-- eagles, stars, bold stripes, etc. I think it would be a good idea to take this in a new direction.

Why not 50 small stars or 1776 or simply "USA"?

Liked the Anthracite Jersey. utGermany needs "DEUTSCHLAND" in every place where we see "Germany", Striped Pants, A Black Helmet instead of Anthracite (With a Red or Golden Eagle) and a new font.

I don't understand why you are giving teams gray. Just keep the flag colors and thats it. I understand 9/11 was a bad thing, but as MC2 said they could be playing in January which is a time where 9/11 is irrelevant. Just keep the USA red, white and blue. Maybe just ahve a special uniform for that weekend.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just a thought, Germany doesn't like to choose any of its colors as a primary and I feel they are right to do so. The red might be good for a second or third, but maybe not for its primary. Think national soccer team colors in mind, that might help you along. Germany loves the white and its flag colors to accent the white. Rightly so, in my opinion.

Archived