World Cup Soccer Contest

capitalcanuck

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also highly unlikely that Kenya or Uganda'll qualify anytime soon.

Uganda has a respectable team, and so could Kenya, if problems within their country wouldn't prevent them from playing in international tournaments. The DR isn't big enough, by the way athletes in the DR choose baseball over soccer, and they don't have enough athletic talent to make up for the athletes that choose baseball to compete even in the Caribbean.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

So we have 21 people - possibly 22 if crashcarson does another concept - who said they'd enter. I seriously doubt every person who said they'd participate entered. Looking back at who reserved a spot, I guess you will get 17 finished entries ready to go. I made this assessment based on post counts, last login dates, and general reputations. Assuming we get 17, this is how I'd do it:

Group A:

OPENING MATCH-UP/PLAY IN: Germany (capitalcanuck) vs. Germany (crkraider22)

USA

Republic of the Congo

Switzerland

Group B:

Italy

Afghanistan

The Netherlands

Ghana

Group C:

Greece

Uganda

Spain

Dominican Republic

Group D:

Uruguay

Switzerland

Kenya

Canada

I did these on two criteria: geographic location and strength of country. Also, here are the countries I left out due to aforementioned reasons.

Croatia

Israel

Austria

Sweden

Wales

Remember, it's likely that one of the following people will enter, and it's more likely that one or more of the above won't.

Please don't take much into this or take anything personally, I'm just throwing things out there.

Oh, and top 2 in each group advance into a bracket with this format:

A1 vs. B2

B1 vs. A2

C1 vs. D2

D1 vs. C2

25yzwqg.png

So we have 21 people - possibly 22 if crashcarson does another concept - who said they'd enter. I seriously doubt every person who said they'd participate entered. Looking back at who reserved a spot, I guess you will get 17 finished entries ready to go. I made this assessment based on post counts, last login dates, and general reputations. Assuming we get 17, this is how I'd do it:

Group A:

USA

Republic of the Congo

Switzerland

Group B:

Italy

Afghanistan

The Netherlands

Ghana

Group C:

Greece

Uganda

Spain

Dominican Republic

Group D:

Uruguay

Switzerland

Kenya

Canada

I did these on two criteria: geographic location and strength of country. Also, here are the countries I left out due to aforementioned reasons.

Croatia

Israel

Austria

Sweden

Wales

Remember, it's likely that one of the following people will enter, and it's more likely that one or more of the above won't.

Please don't take much into this or take anything personally, I'm just throwing things out there.

Oh, and top 2 in each group advance into a bracket.

i have a program that randomly decides the groups so its fair

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Group A:

USA

Republic of the Congo

Switzerland

Group B:

Italy

Afghanistan

The Netherlands

Ghana

Group C:

Greece

Uganda

Spain

Dominican Republic

Group D:

Uruguay

Switzerland

Kenya

Canada

Croatia

Israel

Austria

Sweden

Wales

A1 vs. B2

B1 vs. A2

C1 vs. D2

D1 vs. C2

Oh, okay. So then just take into consideration the format.

25yzwqg.png

Group A:

USA

Republic of the Congo

Switzerland

Group B:

Italy

Afghanistan

The Netherlands

Ghana

Group C:

Greece

Uganda

Spain

Dominican Republic

Group D:

Uruguay

Switzerland

Kenya

Canada

Croatia

Israel

Austria

Sweden

Wales

A1 vs. B2

B1 vs. A2

C1 vs. D2

D1 vs. C2

Oh, okay. So then just take into consideration the format.

i will and good luck

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

As you saw in the NFL Concept Champs, seeding based on real standings creates issues. I'm pro-random seeding after that haha. I should have mine done tonight.

i know i would of beat who i was supposed to play but i lost to bmac in a close battle that was my insperation behind random groups

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Archived