World Cup Soccer Contest

capitalcanuck

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone:

Wales

Neither of the kits really bring anything original to the board but saying that, it's not a bad thing, especially where the fans are concerned. I've chose Wales here though because I believe it brings more fresh ideas to the table in terms of colour scheme than Croatia which apart from small changes is just like they already have. When I saw the '98 replica though I almost changed my mind, one of my favourite kits of all time.

Austria

Without meaning the sound rude the presentation of the Austrian kits hits you as being much more professional than the Spanish alternatives. The Austria kits also use an original design which could be put into production tomorrow and people would believe it came from a Puma designed as it mimics their style so well, and at the same time gives it a kick up the arse which Puma need sometimes.

Switzerland

When I saw it I was confused by the grey shorts, but then it struck me how good of an idea this is. Switzerland find it hard to have their own identity in terms of their national team kit a lot of the time mainly because of how many other countries use a similar colour scheme but the shorts accompanied by the white sleeve instantly gives this identity which wouldn't be confused. The dot matrix Swiss cross is an inspired idea as well as the Helvetica font although I would have preferred it non-italicised and letters in all caps.

I can't fault the Sweden kit here though, hits the money on many levels, just the design looks 10 years out of date.

KUTGW to everyone though.

Can I request that the eliminated concepts or the ones that have already be debuted be put in this thread? I've seen a bunch of awesome work in this contest, but it kinda sucks to come back a few days later and not find it anymore. Or, maybe you could start a World Cup Contest entries thread just to display the competing designs all in one place. Thanks!

Grunge-Logos.png

ok if the Elmanted people if they want to start a new thread Exaple anythingchicago

after this round we will detrimine the nxt contest

Yeah, and sign up for my contest! :cursing:

And, Gfonk, I love your avatar.

nxt contesat is after yours

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Archived