Toronto Blue Jays Concept

BigBubba

I tried to base the logo off of the 1997-2002 logo, because I liked the inclusion of a maple leaf that showed them off as Canada's team without going overboard. I used a 2-tone blue, similar to what they'll be wearing next year. As for the jerseys, I based them off of the 1989-96 set, including the 1977-93 white front-paneled cap I thought it was a good combination of eras without going crazy. And, just for fun, I put in a Canada Day jersey.

Logo:

image2993.png

Jerseys:

BlueJaysConcept.png

C&C appreciated!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This concept has potential. Some suggestions:

Standardize the color of socks, belt, and hat (crown), with the exception of the canada day jersey.

I like the idea of the logo but I think it could be tweaked a little bit to make it look more "major league." also I think the leaf should be a little bit smaller.

Love the piping on the home and road jerseys. I would make that standard throughout the set. Not a fan of the home alt. Not a bad idea but I think a navy version of the home jerseu would work better. For the powder blue road alt, I say either make the pants powder blue or make it a home alt. I'm not sure as to the rules of it, but they would look like a home team in that (in today's game).

Oh and on the Canada Day jersey I think one leaf will do.

This may seem harsh, but this is actually a very good concept. I will say one of the best Blue Jays concepts I've seen on these boards. Just make a few touch-ups and I think this could turn into an excellent concept. Keep up the good work!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Logo idea is nice. Keep working at the bird and you'll be fine with the logo. As far as uniforms, they look great. Like Fox says, definitely work on making it more consistent. I'd go with navy on the road, and powder for at home. In going with this, that would be mean switching the powder hat on the road for a navy hat. I don't see a need for a white-panel hat, but if you want to keep it, I would make the home cap a white-panel one and have a navy cap for the road. That would go for the alternates as well. Home alternate = white panel front. Road alternate = Navy cap. Everything else is great though. I like the font and the Canada Day uni. Glad to see you making concepts. :)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

UPDATE #1:

-Standardized the jerseys (hats, socks, belts)

-Light blue at home, dark blue on the road

-Much like the 89-93 set, white front-paneled caps at home, solid blue on the road (unless they go on a losing streakglare.gif)

-Tweaked the Canada Day uni. Nothing big, just the piping and such. Also made it so the hat's the same as the home, just with a red bill)

BlueJaysConcept-1.png

-LOGO UPDATE TO COME SOON

JERSEY UPDATE #2:

Nothing major. Just made the road alt. pants grey as Fox suggested.

BlueJaysConcept-2.png

LOGO UPDATE #1:

I know it's far from perfect, but I fell I've made progress on the logo. Swapped the blues, as sparky chewbarky recommended. I also added a few outlines to make it more detailed, changed the outline of the maple leaf (should I try it on a baseball?), and fixed the white part on the side of his head.

image2993-1.png

LOGO UPDATE #3:

-Fixed the beak

-Removed the black outline on the bird

-Minor touch-ups regarding colour distribution

image2993-2.png

That's looking awesome. I honestly think you only need one more update to get it looking perfect. The minor changes in color distribution made a lot of difference. I'd work on the eye now. The black eye looks out of place, the white pupil is looking backwards, and there's no real definitive "emotion". Maybe try the "wavy line" tool in paint and make him a glare or just have him looking forward. You're definitely close on this update though. Great job.

Maybe something like this, but less extreme

2ew2vlv.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I tried to base the logo off of the 1897-2002 logo, because I liked the inclusion of a maple leaf that showed them off as Canada's team without going overboard. I used a 2-tone blue, similar to what they'll be wearing next year. As for the jerseys, I based them off of the 1989-96 set, including the 1977-63 white front-paneled cap I thought it was a good combination of eras without going crazy. And, just for fun, I put in a Canada Day jersey.

Jerseys:

BlueJaysConcept.png

C&C appreciated!

It definitely has potential, and I think some green stripes would suffice.

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

And you'll always have your neat picture.
We'll make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
So what if I'm post-padding? The world won't end.

I love the home, away and baby blue alternate, solid idea and also simple works. I love the scripts, not having them arched actually looks fantastic. The dark blue alternate in my opinion looks odd, the darkness seems to throw it way off for me. The main issue here is the actual blue jay in the logo. Possibly a way to improve it is to compare to a real blue jay.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

LOGO UPDATE #4

Which apparently comes 27 years before the first rendition of this concept. Fixed the eye. If I've nailed it, then I'll re-post the jerseys with the updated caps, then ride off in the sunset.

image2993-3.png

LOGO UPDATES #4-7:

-As suggested, I gave the bird more emotion:

image2995.png

I kid.

Seriously though, I came up with 2 ideas:

-Add more emotional/expression detail as suggested

image2996.png

-Or to just change the eye gleam/pupil to face forwards

image2993-4.png

And if I can't get it right, I'll cover his eyes with sunglasses.

image2994.png

Again, I kid.

Archived