Why is there no collar logo on AHL jerseys?

ksupilot

Always thought the Reebok AHL jerseys look strange at the collar, as they have the fabric there, but no logo on it. The NHL puts their shield, how come the AHL doesn't put their logo?

Because they realize how stupid it looks.

Because hockey jerseys don't traditionally have a crest on the neck, it is often put on the tail of the jersey. Reebok and the NHL put the logo at the neck with the EDGE system.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Just another thing the AHL does right, like having the home team wear white.

That's actually very wrong. Home team should always be in their dark jersey, and the fact that the AHL refuses to do this pisses me off to no end.

I was so happy when the NHL finally woke up and corrected the "whites at home" mistake... time for the AHL to follow suit...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Just another thing the AHL does right, like having the home team wear white.

That's actually very wrong. Home team should always be in their dark jersey, and the fact that the AHL refuses to do this pisses me off to no end.

I was so happy when the NHL finally woke up and corrected the "whites at home" mistake... time for the AHL to follow suit...

Ditto. I prefer the home team to wear "their" colors at home. The "whites at home" thing is also something I've never liked about the NBA.

Always thought the Reebok AHL jerseys look strange at the collar, as they have the fabric there, but no logo on it. The NHL puts their shield, how come the AHL doesn't put their logo?

I think it's because the AHL logo simply wouldn't fit in the collar. If you look at both AHL logos, the oval that says 'AHL' in it, and the circle with the hockey player silhouette and 'American Hockey League' written around the circle, neither one of them would really fit in that little triangular space in the collar.

I think it's because the AHL logo simply wouldn't fit in the collar. If you look at both AHL logos, the oval that says 'AHL' in it, and the circle with the hockey player silhouette and 'American Hockey League' written around the circle, neither one of them would really fit in that little triangular space in the collar.

They could just use this logo then:

bljxb57rbxphe71gi5cbhiukn.gif

Or this with out the words around it:

yzpxwdqwh4gdftrc5baxhwund.gif

Or dust off these beauty:

e7h2qgexfn2ge9gm418c6g416.gifeudy400hqyejew6uglricl72j.gif

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Always thought the Reebok AHL jerseys look strange at the collar, as they have the fabric there, but no logo on it. The NHL puts their shield, how come the AHL doesn't put their

logo?

Or dust off this beauty:

e7h2qgexfn2ge9gm418c6g416.gif

The first one is the one I mentioned and it wouldn't fit. But either of the last two would work.

Always thought the Reebok AHL jerseys look strange at the collar, as they have the fabric there, but no logo on it. The NHL puts their shield, how come the AHL doesn't put their

logo?

Or dust off this beauty:

e7h2qgexfn2ge9gm418c6g416.gif

The first one is the one I mentioned and it wouldn't fit. But either of the last two would work.

I think that you would lose the details of the stick and skate blades. If you shrunk it down to fit the space.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Archived