2012 NFL Mock Draft

tj4eck

Figured I'd keep up my tradition of posting mock drafts.

Feel free to chime in or post your own.

1) - MIA - Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford

2) - IND - Matt Kalil - OT - USC

3) - ARZ - Quinton Coples - DE - UNC

4) - STL - Justin Blackmon - WR - Oklahoma St.

5) - DEN - Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama

6) - JAX - Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina

7) - SEA - Matt Barkley - QB - USC

8) - CLE - Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford

9) - MIN - Brandon Thompson - DT - Clemson

10) - WAS - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

11) - CAR - Zach Brown - OLB - UNC

12) - TEN - Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Alabama

13) - KC - Riley Reiff - OT - Iowa

14) - DAL - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama

15) - CIN (from OAK) - Morris Claiborne - CB - LSU

16) - TB - Lamar Miller - RB - Miami (FL)

17) - PHI - Luke Kuechly - ILB - Boston College

18) - CIN - Devon Still - DT - Penn St.

19) - CHI - DJ Fluker - OT - Alabama

20) - SD - Alameda Ta'amu - DT - Washington

21) - NYJ - Jared Crick - DE - Nebraska

22) - NYG - Jerel Worthy - DT - Michigan St.

23) - CLE (from ATL) - Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame

24) - HOU - David DeCastro - OG - Stanford

25) - BUF - Mike Adams - OT - Ohio St.

26) - BAL - Janoris Jenkins - CB - North Alabama

27) - NE (from NO) - Mark Barron - SS - Alabama

28) - DET - Donta Hightower - ILB - Alabama

29) - NE - Billy Winn - DE - Boise St.

30) - SF - Nick Toon - WR - Wisconsin

31) - PIT - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame

32) - GB - Brandon Jenkins - OLB - Florida St.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alshon Jeffery is really high, I'd see him as a more mid to late 1st. Hell I'd take Ryan Broyles over him because Broyles even though undersized knows the WR and slots and a good PR.

I also think Manti Te'o will go higher, he's going to make an NFL team extremely happy, dude is just amazing.

spacer.png

No Vontaze Burfict? Already Projected as the top Defensive player in the draft. I ha e him going ub the top ten

I have him as my #4 ILB, that of course can change with the rest of the season, off season workouts and combine.

Few things I see:

- No way Nick Toon is/will be the #3 WR in the draft, let alone taken in the first round. I can think of 3 or 4 other WRs in the B10 alone who are better.

- Personally, I think this year is going to be a great year for CBs, so I would expect more than 2 to go in the first round.

- Landry Jones is a much better QB prospect than Matt Barkley. Barkley is Mark Sanchez with less ability.

- I think you're overrating the outside linebackers right now and undervaluing the inside linebackers. Good ILBs are very hard to find, and there are 2 or 3 really good ones this year.

Few things I see:

- No way Nick Toon is/will be the #3 WR in the draft, let alone taken in the first round. I can think of 3 or 4 other WRs in the B10 alone who are better.

- Personally, I think this year is going to be a great year for CBs, so I would expect more than 2 to go in the first round.

- Landry Jones is a much better QB prospect than Matt Barkley. Barkley is Mark Sanchez with less ability.

- I think you're overrating the outside linebackers right now and undervaluing the inside linebackers. Good ILBs are very hard to find, and there are 2 or 3 really good ones this year.

I don't want to speak for tj, but his having Barkley above Landry Jones may have more to do with who he has drafting Matt Barkley -- Pete Carroll and Seattle.

IUe6Hvh.png

Few things I see:

I don't want to speak for tj, but his having Barkley above Landry Jones may have more to do with who he has drafting Matt Barkley -- Pete Carroll and Seattle.

Exactly why I gave Barkley the edge over Jones at this pick. Also have Nick Toon as #4 WR right now, although Broyles might take that spot sooner than later.

Few things I see:

Exactly why I gave Barkley the edge over Jones at this pick. Also have Nick Toon as #4 WR right now, although Broyles might take that spot sooner than later.

Ok, that makes sense, but Pete Carroll is picky with his ex-players. He loves some of them (see Mike Williams, Malcolm Smith), but he is down on others (trading away Lawrence Jackson, passing on Taylor Mays and Damian Williams, saying Sanchez wasn't ready to come out, etc.). So I wouldn't write Barkley to the Seachickens in stone just yet, especially because I believe Barkley is going to go back to USC (Not competing with Luck/Jones and USC will be bowl-eligible next year).

Also, if the Broncos pass on Landry Jones for Richardson, that would be a huge mistake. (Nothing against Rich, but does Denver and John Fox really want to ride the Tebow crazy train again next year?)

As for Toon, I think he could be 4th in the Big 10, not the nation. I would rate all these guys equal or even ahead of Toon in the Big 10:

- AJ Jeffries (Illinois)

- BJ Cunningham (MSU)

- DeVier Posey (OSU)

- Marvin McNutt (Iowa)

Maybe I'm wrong, but in my eyes Toon is basically McNutt playing with more talent around him.

Ryan Broyles torn ACL can't help his draft stock this late into the year...

Yeah my post was before that happened. I'm really saddened by his injury, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Obviously on both statements. ^_^

I wish him a speedy recovery as well.

Few things I see:

Nick Toon as much love as I have for him, especially being a Badger fan and all, is not a 1st round selection in any stretch of the imagination, 2nd or 3rd round maybe but not a top 30 pick

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

• 4 weeks later...

‎1 - Colts - Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford

---Not entirely sold on this pick, but it would be dumb to pass up Luck.

2 - Vikings - Matt Kalil - OT - USC

---The need some help on the O-Line to protect their young investment at QB.

3 - Rams - Justin Blackmon - WR - Oklahoma St.

---What Sam Bradford wants (A big talented wideout), Sam Bradford gets.

4 - Jaguars - Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford

---Another OT picked up to protect another young QB investment.

5 - Panthers - Morris Claiborne - CB - LSU

---Panthers dip into the BCS Championship game again, let's hope the luck rubs off again.

6 - Dolphins - Matt Barkley - QB - USC

---The Andrew Luck Sweepstakes consolation prize.

7 - Redskins - Robert Griffin - QB - Baylor

---With Luck and Barkley off the board, the Skins make a reach for the next best available QB. Lucky for them, that reach lands them the most exciting player on the offensive side of the ball this year.

8 - Cardinals - Riley Reiff - OT - Iowa

---The Cardinals gave up a bunch to get Kolb, and Kolb would give up a bunch for some protection.

9 - Chiefs - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

---This might be a surprising move, but Matt Cassel is obviously not getting it done, and it may be time to move on to a new signal caller.

10 - Seahawks - Quinton Coples - DE - North Carolina

---With virtually all the high grade QBs off the board, the Seahawks are in no mans land...either they need to trade up/down, take some O-line help or a D-lineman.

11 - Browns - David DeCastro - OG - Stanford

---Gets some blocking for both the Albino Rhino and Colt McCoy.

12 - Chargers - Zach Brown - OLB - North Carolina

---Since they can't draft a decent coach, they opt for a pass rusher.

13 - Buccaneers - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama

---Ronde Barber is going to retire sometime, right? Dre is a perfect replacement.

14 - Eagles - Luke Kuechly - ILB - Boston College

---Obviously I would perfer that the Eagles didn't give up on the Casey Matthews project at MLB, but when Kuechly is sitting and waiting for a phone call at this point in the draft, you better have him on speed dial.

15 - Titans - Cordy Glenn - OG - Georgia

---Maybe with some upgrades on the O-line Chris Johnson will run with purpose.

16 - Broncos - Janoris Jenkins - CB - North Alabama

---The heir to the Champ Bailey throne, the Broncos hope.

17 - Giants - Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama

---With the threat of Brandon Jacobs leaving this off-season and Richardson still available this pick is a no-brainer.

18 - Bills - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame

---Adding Dareus last year and Te'o this year makes up a pretty solid center in the front 7.

19 - Jets - Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Alabama

---Jets love to rush the QB and be physical, Upshaw is fast and physical. A 3-4 OLB in college will make the transition an easy one.

20 - Bears - Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina

---Quick name a talent WR on the Bears...couldn't do it could you? If Jeffery slips here and the Bears passed him up Cutler might cry.

21 - Bengals (from OAK) - Peter Konz - C - Wisconsin

---If Wisconsin does one thing well, that one thing is make NFL caliber O-lineman. Bengals need some interior help on the O-line. Match made in heaven.

22 - Cowboys - Alfonso Dennard - CB - Nebraska

---Cowboys always seem to be missing a DB, maybe this year they address that need.

23 - Bengals - Lamar Miller - RB - Miami (FL)

---Cedric Benson is usually in trouble. Lamar Miller is a passionate runner with speed to burn defenses.

24 - Lions - Mike Adams - OT - Ohio St.

---This offense is filled with weapons, just not with enough time for routes to develop and a threat of a running game.

25 - Texans - Devon Still - DT - Penn St.

---Houston needs some help on the defensive front. Still can play either DT or DE.

26 - Browns (from ATL) - Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame

---Cleveland needs a definitive playmaker at WR, Floyd looks to play the part.

27 - Patriots - Jared Crick - DE - Nebraska

---Patriots look to revamp their D-Line, although he tore a pectoral muscle, he should be healed up going into camp. Can play either DT or DE and the Patriots need a upgrade at pass rusher.

28 - Patriots (from NO) - Chase Minnifield - CB - Virginia

---With the departure of Leigh Bodden and McCourty's struggles this year it wouldn't be a suprise if the Pats went CB with their second first round pick. It also wouldn't surprise me if they used both picks to move up in the draft. Or trade down and stock up on later round picks.

29 - Ravens - Dont'a Hightower - ILB - Alabama

---Eventually the Ravens are going to groom a replacement for Ray Lewis. They couldn't ask for a better player to fall into their lap. Smart, strong, dedicated playmaker. Could also use pick on Vontaze Burfict if they want a player with a mean streak.

30 - 49ers - Jerel Worthy - DT - Michigan St.

---Worthy plays against NFL caliber O-linemen all the time up in the Big Ten, yet still is a playmaker. This would be an upgrade over Sopoaga for the Niners.

31 - Steelers - Brandon Thompson - DT - Clemson

---Since the Steelers rairly go for a team need, they take the best player on the board. At this point they get a pretty good player to add to their already scary defense.

32 - Packers - Billy Winn - DE - Boise St.

---The Packers add this 3-4 DE who can also play 4-3 DT as if they needed more weapons.

Archived