2012 NFL Mock Draft

tj4eck

Maybe its me but I don't see Ryan Tannehill going early as four.

I think he's still seen as being enough of a project to where Cleveland will say were still better off giving Colt McCoy another chance next year and drafting somebody who can help right away, because I don't think Tannehill is going to be an NFL ready QB for at least another year. And if McCoy doesn't work out we comes always come back next year. If I were the Browns and I take Ryan Tannehill that early I would have to be dead certain this is the guy and for somebody who only has one year of college under his belt as a QB I'm not sure you can say that about him no matter what he shows you in workouts or interviews.

He's not a bad pick, but you already need to have a starting QB in order to consider him in opinion or you significantly risk putting him in a position where he's basically almost guaranteed to be a bust. I think Miami with both Matt Moore and David Garrard would be the best fit for him. And considering Garrard was/is a scrambling QB I think that would be a very good guy for Tannehill to learn under.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bal.gif

BALTIMORE RAVENS:

(1) 29 - Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor

(2) 60 - Kendall Reyes - DT - UConn

(3) 91 - Mike Brewster - C - Ohio St.

(4) 130 - Aaron Henry - S - Wisconsin

(5) 164 - Joe Looney - G - Wake Forest

(5) 169 - Travis Lewis - ILB - Oklahoma

(6) 198 - Darius Fleming - OLB - Notre Dame

(7) 236 - Micah Pellerin - CB - Hampton

cin.gif

CINCINNATI BENGALS:

(1) 17 - David DeCastro - G - Stanford

(1) 21 - Stephon Gilmore - CB - South Carolina

(2) 53 - George Iloka - S - Boise St.

(3) 83 - Marvin McNutt - WR - Iowa

(4) 116 - Cyrus Gray - RB - Texas A&M

(5) 156 - Malik Jackson - DE - Tennessee

(5) 166 - Tank Carder - ILB - TCU

(5) 167 - Matt McCants - OT - UAB

(6) 191 - Kellen Moore - QB - Boise St.

cle.gif

CLEVELAND BROWNS:

(1) 4 - Ryan Tannehill - QB - Texas A&M

(1) 22 - Mike Adams - OT - Ohio St.

(2) 37 - Rueben Randle - WR - LSU

(3) 67 - Chris Polk - RB - Washington

(4) 100 - Keenan Robinson - OLB - Texas

(4) 118 - Chase Minnifield - CB - Virginia

(5) 139 - Derek Wolfe - DT - Cincinnati

(5) 160 - Lucas Nix - G - Pitt

(6) 204 - Ryan Van Bergen - DE - Michigan

(6) 205 - Jerry Franklin - ILB - Arkansas

(7) 211 - Derrick Coleman - FB - UCLA

(7) 245 - Winston Guy - S - Kentucky

(7) 247 - James Hanna - TE - Oklahoma

pit.gif

PITTSBURGH STEELERS:

(1) 24 - Dontari Poe - DT - Memphis

(2) 56 - Mychal Kendricks - ILB - Cal

(3) 86 - Jayron Hosley - CB - Virginia Tech

(4) 119 - Tony Bergstrom - G - Utah

(5) 159 - Andrew Datko - OT - Florida St.

(6) 193 - Tauren Poole - RB - Tennessee

(7) 231 - Marquis Maze - WR - Alabama

(7) 240 - Justin Francis - DE - Rutgers

(7) 246 - Cyhl Quarles - S - Wake Forest

(7) 248 - Ryan Baker - OLB - LSU

Thoughts? Concerns? Comments?

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

I think he's still seen as being enough of a project to where Cleveland will say were still better off giving Colt McCoy another chance next year and drafting somebody who can help right away, because I don't think Tannehill is going to be an NFL ready QB for at least another year. And if McCoy doesn't work out we comes always come back next year. If I were the Browns and I take Ryan Tannehill that early I would have to be dead certain this is the guy and for somebody who only has one year of college under his belt as a QB I'm not sure you can say that about him no matter what he shows you in workouts or interviews.

He's not a bad pick, but you already need to have a starting QB in order to consider him in opinion or you significantly risk putting him in a position where he's basically almost guaranteed to be a bust. I think Miami with both Matt Moore and David Garrard would be the best fit for him. And considering Garrard was/is a scrambling QB I think that would be a very good guy for Tannehill to learn under.

I think ideally they trade out of the spot, but I didn't factor in any trades and went with my gut.

All the hype, combine, etc definitely inflated his stock and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets taking at 4.

He mostly likely won't fall past the Miami Dolphins.

I think he's still seen as being enough of a project to where Cleveland will say were still better off giving Colt McCoy another chance next year and drafting somebody who can help right away, because I don't think Tannehill is going to be an NFL ready QB for at least another year. And if McCoy doesn't work out we comes always come back next year. If I were the Browns and I take Ryan Tannehill that early I would have to be dead certain this is the guy and for somebody who only has one year of college under his belt as a QB I'm not sure you can say that about him no matter

what he shows you in workouts or interviews.

He's not a bad pick, but you already need to have a starting QB in order to consider him in opinion or you significantly risk putting him in a position where he's basically almost guaranteed to be a bust. I think Miami with both Matt Moore and David Garrard would be the best

fit for him. And considering Garrard was/is a scrambling QB I think that would be a very good guy for Tannehill to learn under.

Agreed, people have been saying that Cleveland needs more offensive weapons, not necessarily a new QB. Would Blackmon fit well for them at #4?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think he's still seen as being enough of a project to where Cleveland will say were still better off giving Colt McCoy another chance next year and drafting somebody who can help right away, because I don't think Tannehill is going to be an NFL ready QB for at least another year. And if McCoy doesn't work out we comes always come back next year. If I were the Browns and I take Ryan Tannehill that early I would have to be dead certain this is the guy and for somebody who only has one year of college under his belt as a QB I'm not sure you can say that about him no matter

He's not a bad pick, but you already need to have a starting QB in order to consider him in opinion or you significantly risk putting him in a position where he's basically almost guaranteed to be a bust. I think Miami with both Matt Moore and David Garrard would be the best

fit for him. And considering Garrard was/is a scrambling QB I think that would be a very good guy for Tannehill to learn under.

Agreed, people have been saying that Cleveland needs more offensive weapons, not necessarily a new QB. Would Blackmon fit well for them at #4?

I think Blackmon would fit damn-near anywhere.

I was on the fence with what to do with the CLE pick.

Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, or Tannehill

Ultimately it came down to my gut feeling.

But don't be surprised to hear any of those players names called at #4

I'd throw Morris Claiborne on that list as well. Think he's somebody all 32 teams could use right away.

If you think he's a lock to be a pro-bowl CB that's who I'm taking. I don't care what type of depth I have at that position or any other. It is very quickly becoming the most important position on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd throw Morris Claiborne on that list as well. Think he's somebody all 32 teams could use right away.

If you think he's a lock to be a pro-bowl CB that's who I'm taking. I don't care what type of depth I have at that position or any other. It is very quickly becoming the most important position on the defensive side of the ball.

All 32 teams could use a developmentally disabled Corner? Really?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just don't see the point in extrapolating out every pick since trades will occur starting on Thursday.

That said:

Coples does not play consistently to be taken at 7.

Poe was an underachiever at Memphis (2nd team all C-USA) and worked out well. He is black Mike Mamula, but without the stats.

Brockers is a run-only DL, and only had success in one season. Five other LSU players had more sacks than he did and there were playing with the lead more than they were behind and in games against top talent he was average. Against Alabama (twice) and Arkansas this year he was not in on 3rd down.

Dallas needs a #3 WR desperately, while OAK does not. Plus OAK has a GM who is NOT Al Davis now.

MIA going defense seems more like a Parcells told Ross who to draft move.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES:

(1) 15 - Michael Brockers - DT - LSU

(2) 46 - Bobby Massie - OT - Ole Miss

(2) 51 - Markelle Martin - S - Oklahoma St.

(3) 88 - Michael Egnew - TE - Missouri

(4) 114 - Brock Osweiler - QB - Arizona St.

(5) 153 - Cody Johnson - FB - Texas

(6) 172 - Miles Burris - OLB - San Diego St.

(6) 194 - Chris Rainey - RB - Florida

(6) 200 - Jeff Fuller - WR - Texas A&M

If Brockers is the BPA at #15, I'm OK with the pick. OT isn't a need since they have Bell and Herremans with Dunlap backing up (and Bell goes to the bench when Peters returns). Unless they take Barron, I don't see them using another upper-round pick on a safety when they've already taken Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett in the 2nd round the last two years and still like those guys a lot. Osweiler is a possibility since they're looking at mid-to-late round QBs like Lindley, Cousins and Russell Wilson. They don't have a starting FB on the roster right now, so it's possible they take one, but it sounds like they're phasing it out.

I'm just going to do the first few picks for the Packers here on how I would like to see it shake out.

1 (28) Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

2 (59) Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California

3 (90) Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska

4 (123) DeQuan Menzie, CB, Alabama

4 (132) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State

4 (133) Phillip Blake, C, Baylor

If a LeMichael James or Cyrus Hill is on the board at 90 for the Packers, definitely want to be taking a look at either of them seeing as Ryan Grant probably isn't going to be back.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES:

If Brockers is the BPA at #15, I'm OK with the pick. OT isn't a need since they have Bell and Herremans with Dunlap backing up (and Bell goes to the bench when Peters returns). Unless they take Barron, I don't see them using another upper-round pick on a safety when they've already taken Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett in the 2nd round the last two years and still like those guys a lot. Osweiler is a possibility since they're looking at mid-to-late round QBs like Lindley, Cousins and Russell Wilson. They don't have a starting FB on the roster right now, so it's possible they take one, but it sounds like they're phasing it out.

I'm sorry, but what is BPA?

I'm just going to do the first few picks for the Packers here on how I would like to see it shake out.

If a LaMichael James or Cyrus Gray is on the board at 90 for the Packers, definitely want to be taking a look at either of them seeing as Ryan Grant probably isn't going to be back.

Fixed that for you.

I have LMJ picked at 65, so I don't know if he'll drop to 90

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES:

Best Player Available. Basically choosing the best player talent wise over team needs.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES:

Best Player Available. Basically choosing the best player talent wise over team needs.

Gotcha, I always thought it was BAP, haha.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with: PigskinBoss (dotcom)

But they tweet this to me earlier.

cp3.jpg

I have never been so proud and relieved that all my time hasn't gone wasted. :')

If a LaMichael James or Cyrus Gray is on the board at 90 for the Packers, definitely want to be taking a look at either of them seeing as Ryan Grant probably isn't going to be back.

Fixed that for you.

I have LMJ picked at 65, so I don't know if he'll drop to 90

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking of Ronnie Hillman, which as well wouldn't be such a bad pick.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived