2012 NFL Mock Draft

tj4eck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Broncos needs aren't blatantly obvious (at least as far as what to go in the first round, since last draft they went BPA). They could find use for players at the following positions; cornerback, safety, defensive tackle, quarterback, running back. The offensive line is fine, depth may be necessary, but not something to grab in the first round. I could see them drafting a receiver or two, but again, probably not in the first round. My guess would be either cornerback or depending on Tebow, quarterback.

My one-round mock

*-Dolphins trade 12 First round pick and 13 second round pick to Rams for 12 first rounder

#-Redskins trade 12 First round pick to Cardinals for 12 first rounder and third rounder

1. Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2. Dolphins *(From Rams): Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

3. Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC

4. Jaguars: Justin Blackmon, WR, Okla. St

5. Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

6. Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

7. Cardinals #(from Redskins): Johnathan Martin, OT, Stanford

8. Rams (From Dolphins): Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

9. Panthers: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

10. Chiefs: David DeCastro, G, Stanford

11. Bills: Quentin Coples, DE, North Carolina

12. Redskins (from Cards): Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

13. Eagles: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

14. Seahawks: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

15. Chargers: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

16. Bears: Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina

17. Titans: Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia

18. Cowboys: Devon Still, DL, Penn St.

19. Jets: Courtney Upshaw, DE/LB, Alabama

20. Bengals(from OAK): Mark Barron, S, Alabama

21. Broncos: Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

22. Browns(from ATL): Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

23. Bengals: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

24. Lions: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

25. Giants: Vontaze Burflict, MLB, Arizona State

26. Texans: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

27. Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, MLB, Alabama

28. 49ers: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

29. Ravens: Melvin Ingram, DE/LB, South Carolina

30. Patriots(From NO): Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.

31. Patriots: Jerel Worthy, DE/DT, Michigan St.

32. Packers: Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois

-- As hyped as RG3 is, I don't see him going #2 overall.....more like 6-10 range

-- If the Rams stay at #2, I think Blackmon has to be a lock there

-- The Eagles' pick depends on DeSean. If they franchise and keep him, they won't go for another WR. This might be the first time since 1979 that they take a LB in the first round (Kuechly)

^

I agree. #2 overall is too high for RGIII. I think Matt Kalil is a lock at #2, no matter who picks there. Blackmon is great, but you don't draft a WR at #2 unless he's a transcendent player...not #1 WR on your team good, but more like top 5 WR in the league good.

I'd love Mercilus to GB from a number of angles (not least of which is that I'm an Illinois alum), but I just don't think he's that NFL-good. I see him as more of a late 2nd-rounder, situational pass rusher.

If the Rams trade out of the 2 spot and only have a 2nd next year to show for it...well the Rams' GM might be one of the shortest tenured in league history.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Blackmon is great, but you don't draft a WR at #2 unless he's a transcendent player...not #1 WR on your team good, but more like top 5 WR in the league good.

Like Calvin Johnson going #2 and Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson going #3? You don't think Blackmon will be as good as those guys?

• 3 weeks later...

1.Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2.Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, OSU

3.Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC

4.Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

5.Bucs: Quinton Coples,DE/DT, UNC

6. Redskins: Riley Reiff, OT,Iowa

7.Jaguars: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

8.Panthers:Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

9.Dolphins: Robert Griffin III,QB, Baylor

10.Bills: Devon Still, DT,Penn State

11.Chiefs: Johnathan Martin, OT, Stanford

12.Seahawks: Nick Perry, DE, USC

13.Cardinals: David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

14.Cowboys: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

15.Eagles: Zach Brown. LB, UNC

16. Jets: Mark Barron, S, Alabama

17. Bengals: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

18.Chargers: Courtney Upshaw, OLB,Alabama

19.Bears: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

20.Titans: Withney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

21.Bengals: Luke Kuechly, LB, BC

22.Browns: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

23.Lions: Alfonzo Dennard, CB. Nebraska

24.Steelers: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

25.Broncos: Micheal Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

26. Texans: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia

27. Patriots: Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina

28.Packers: Jerel Worthy, DT. Michigan State

29.49ers: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

30.Patriots: Vontaze Burfinct, LB, ASU

31.Ravens:Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

32.Giants: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Doesn't seem likely that the Vikings, Browns, Redskins, Jags, Panthers all pass on Robert Griffin right now. Frankly it's more likely the Colts take Griffin at number 1, though Luck is probably a better fit for the Colts, being more like Manning as a pocket passing QB.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Doesn't seem likely that the Vikings, Browns, Redskins, Jags, Panthers all pass on Robert Griffin right now. Frankly it's more likely the Colts take Griffin at number 1, though Luck is probably a better fit for the Colts, being more like Manning as a pocket passing QB.

:shocked: Where are you getting this? I've never heard anything else than Luck @1

:shocked: Where are you getting this? I've never heard anything else than Luck @1

Well Dungy said he would take Griffin before Luck. It's not going to happen, but neither is a bunch of teams with a need at QB passing on Griffin.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

All of these teams drafted a QB in the first round last year. And the last of the panthers' need id QB. I think Shanahan is going to make a run for Matt Flynn or Kyle Orton in the offseason, so no QB for the 'Skins. As for the Browns, I don't think they could evaluate McCoy properly when he had no offensive weapons whatsoever. I think they get a RB and a WR, just to see what they have in McCoy, and if McCoy isn't the guy, they can take a Qb in a loaded '12 class, who will have a RB,a WR, and a solid defense.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived