All-Time Football Draft

Gary

Not sure how many you're willing to take, but if there's room I'll jump in with the Salt Lake 47's.

I'm also curious as to how many we're going to draft. One per each position, including linemen? And I also take it that this is an all-time draft, so the APFA, AFL, and other leagues are available to draft from? Or no?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I say yes to drafting lineman. Drafting skill positions is easy. The real test comes with putting together an entire team.

Reminds me of drafting the bullpen in the baseball draft (which was a blast by the way, really enjoyed it). That was a very interesting and fun challenge.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I will not be doing this draft however I will be compiling a rankings like I did for the Baseball draft and have done so for the Basketball draft, and will allow anyone access to it that so desires.

I will only be taking into account skill players. So lineman or defensive players, just QB's, RB',s, WR's, TE's and I might do kickers and punters.

Unlike Pro-football-reference.com this is not a popularity contest. I have a set forumla which I evaluate every player the same way which in short is your measured against your competition not across eras so I do not regard a 3000 yard passing season in 1970 the same way as a 3000 yard passing season in 2000. AFL stats will be taken into account as being equal to the NFL, and I will set the cutoff year at 1953, the year the Baltimore Colts came into the league, so pretty much anyone who played from 1953 onward will be included. Also for guys like Sammy Baugh, Don Hutson and Bronco Nagurski I don't think you can say with any type of accuracy how well they could compare against guys like Brett Favre, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith.

USFL, XFL and WFL stats will not be included due to the fact that I cannot get a good sense of how these teams would have done against NFL teams, but if I had to guess I'd say not well at all. I think a team like the Philadelphia Stars would have been lucky to win 5 games in the NFL and that was the best USFL team.

If your interested send me a PM. Its very useful in later rounds in terms of not forgetting about people and being a good way to fairly accurate rate second tier guys that usually aren't covered in these top 50 or 100 lists.

• 1 month later...

Archived