State Farm modernizes logo

STL FANATIC

http://www.statefarm.com/aboutus/_pressreleases/2011/december/15/sf-logo.asp

img-sf-logo-inline.jpg

Here's my only beef with the logo, unfortunately, I think it makes a big impact.

If you look at the old logo below, the three ovals actually flow together. It's a really, really nice effect that activates a rather simple concept. In the new logo, the three ovals are simply stacked on top of each other. It looks dead. It lacks energy.

I think they were on the right track here, they just called it a day a little too soon.

sf_logo_lar_jpg.jpg

For what it's worth, the logo above is actually just PART of their current logo. That was their old logo. Then a few years back they introduced a new word mark and made the above logo more of an icon. That word mark, I believe, has been modified VERY SLIGHTLY for the new identity. The full current logo is below.

sfwordmark_logo_low_jpg.jpg

Not entirely a wiff, more like a botched hit and run. This is one of those things where we are probably the only people in the world that will notice it and care.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Archived