Buffalo sabres . blue and gold

js °

Hey sports fans, I could use some signatures / opinions on some logos I recently created. I'm a big fan of the Buffalo Sabres and if any of you are familiar with the Sabres situation, then you can understand what a difficult time it has been to be a Sabres fan for the last year or so with all the questions of the team leaving and what not. Well, we have a new owner and its time for a change from the hideous goathead jerseys to somewhat of a more traditional look.

I am not proposing a return to the original logo and jerseys, rather a mix of the old and new. Samples of my ideas can be found here :

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres

And please, if you find interest and could take a minute to sign our petition, I would be very appreciative. I'd love to hear all your opinions on the designs also .. heres the links :

http://www.petitiononline.com/bluegold

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres

I like most of those jerseys you made and that updated version of the old logo is my favorite.  I should note however that your gold alternate looks a hell of a lot like Nashville's alt. (which is a very ugly alt.)  I think if you use Boston's yellow, or even Buffalo's old yellow, it'd look nicer as a jersey, not that other gold.

Great work on it all.  I'd love to see them go back to the blue and yellow, but not necessarily the old jerseys.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just viewed your ideas tonight while sifting through "old" posts. In my opinion this is the best presentation given to our community since I've been a member (1.5 years). Excellent job, top notch, first rate, and all those other great accolades. Your concepts are well thought out and executed. Not to mention splendidly illustrated. I'm gushing, I'll stop.  :)

I agree with the others, the gold alternate on the top row looks very similar to Nashville's and thus probably wouldn't fly. However, I like the Preds thirds and admire your "homage".  

Being a relatively new hockey fan living in the Rocky Mountains my opinion matters little in the Blue/Gold vs Red/Black debate. My good friend is a diehard Sabres fan from Buffalo and he's excited about the potential return of the old colors. I say if the Buffalo fans want blue and gold than they should have blue and gold.

These concepts are nothing short of AWESOME! You made it easy to see the actual Sabres taking the ice in your ideas! It's presentations like yours that make this one of my favorite hobbies. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the petition.

JS, I've been writing to you recently on the Thunderpuck Sabres board.  I'm the guy that asks you to turn the swords upright.  I sent you a couple of e-mails showing what I mean.

Archived