sportstar1212's Hockey Concepts

sportstar1212

Hey everyone. I'm posting some hockey concepts that I've made over time. I will make a variety NHL,AHL,OHL,QMJHL,WHL, and IIHF concepts. This page will be updated with more concepts. Here are some concepts to start off with.

Toronto Marlies

TorontoMarlies-1.png

I made some alterations to the Marlies jerseys. They are the same as the Leafs current home and road but I incorporated their second shade of blue in the neck insert, at the edge of the cuffs, and in the numbers. One shoulder features the Marlboros logo (which can be found on their pre-edge unis) and the other has the Leafs logo. The new third is basically a white version of the Leafs new third with the Duke of Marlborough crown on the leaf. The logo and numbers would be the wool-felt material and the collar would be ridged, just like the Leafs third.

Dallas Stars

Starsthird-1.png

Dallas is in desperate need of a new set and I decided to start with a new third. It's green and modeled after the North Stars 88-91 jersey. I made a new logo, a North Stars style D and included the state of Texas shoulder patch. From what I heard, the Stars were supposed to come out with a third along the lines this in 2011 but those plans were shelved because of the owners trying to find a new buyer. Perhaps we'll see it in 2012.

Winnipeg Jets

Jetsthird1.png

Here's an option for a Jets third jersey. It's based on the 1948 RCAF Flyers jersey, which the team's logo was inspired by. I think the two shades of blue with red look really sharp. I also thought this would look great with red pants so I included that too.

Jetsthird2.png

I also gave the Jets another option for a third. A grey jersey would also be a good move for the Jets. The jersey uses a striping pattern that could work for almost any team.

Some C&C would be appreciated and let me know what teams you would like to see concepts for.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That RCAF alt for the Jets is a beauty and is what I think they should come out with next season (I'd like to see it with the current number font) but I'm not sold on the Jets grey. Try using the striping they have now and avoid using red with it.

Midway.png

Marlies - I feel like you didn't go far enough with the lighter shade of blue. With just adding a couple of thin outlines, it still feels very much like a Leafs clone. Get a little more in the striping patterns and I think it could really be unique.

Stars - I can get behind this for the most part. My only qualm is with the logo, with the placement of the star at the bottom of the D. You could easily move it to the top and pay a little more homage to the original North Stars logo, even replicating where it formed an upwards arrow pointing into the star.

Jets #1 - I think the powder blue is a bit too dark and muddies things up with the other shade of blue in the striping and numbers. I kind of dig it with the modern name/number font, though. The red pants, though, would stick out like sore thumbs. Change those to navy and I think you'd have a much more unified set.

Jets #2 - Very solid, although I think I prefer the version with the red/navy stripes versus the double blue. Grey is a weird colour, though. Go too dark and everything gets muddied up; go too light and you get the "dirty white" comments that the New England Patriots' silver alts got. I think you're slightly on the "too dark" side of things, but not by much. Maybe even leaving the shade of grey and adding a bit more white in the striping pattern, could help give an overall lighter impression.

Yeah, here's a challenge: the Detroit Red Wings.

There's nothing really to change about the Wings. Maybe I'll try something for fun.

That's why it's a challenge-- making a concept for a team with an iconic look that isn't a rehash that actually works. ^_^

LA Kings

LAKings.png

I gave the Kings the old purple and yellow with the 80's jersey design. I did use the current shield logo though. The home jersey is purple and the road is yellow. The white third was inspired by the LA Lakers.

Detroit Red Wings

RedWingsthird.png

I made a third jersey for the Wings. It's vintage white and is a similar design to the roads. I actually used the Lightning road template to make this. I put the D on the front and the winged wheel logo on the shoulders.

Any more requests? C&C always welcome and appreciated.

The Kings look great! The RCAF Jets concept is nice as well. For a request maybe the Rangers and Flyers winter classic?

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

I know it's been a week since I last posted anything. I've been loafting pretty hard lately. I'm not done the requests but here's a Panthers concept.

Florida Panthers

FloridaPanthers-1.png

I fixed the Panthers new jerseys by making the sleeve stripes go all the way around the arms and adding waist stripes. For the third I tried a few different things but ultimately decided on a second red jersey to go with the "We See Red" campaign. As you can see, it's modeled after the pre-edge red jersey. I used the JetBlue jersey template for this. On the front is the stick breaking panther and I originally used the stick and sun shoulder patch but I switched to the "FLA" logo to differentiate it better from the main jerseys.

C&C?

Archived