sportstar1212's Hockey Concepts

sportstar1212

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I know it's been forever since I last posted something but it's better late than never, right?

San Jose Sharks

SanJoseSharks2.png

This set is modeled after the Worcester Sharks third jersey. I decided to try something a bit different by having a grey road jersey. I put the rarely used (unfortunately) diamond fin logo on the shoulder. The name and number fonts are the same as the current Sharks jerseys.

Chicago Blackhawks

Blackhawksthird.png

This jersey may look familiar to some of you. That's because I entered it in HJC's third jersey competition. It uses the same template as the home jersey and uses the circle logo. Yes, another circle logo. The jersey has some unique elemnts including the logo on the arm stripe and black numbers.

Enjoy! C&C and requests for teams welcome.

For San Jose, I like the idea of a grey jersey, but on the home jersey the grey kind of looks like dirty white. Maybe try making the name and numbers white. The fin logo looks great as a shoulder patch, and I also really like the striping.

The Chicago jersey is good, but I think the numbers would be hard to see.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I don't really like SJ because the silver is way too random. It's nowhere on the team's logo. I hope this doesn't turn into some SFSS trend :P

Now I like Chicago's. I actually don't mind the roundel because they have a history of logos in circles (and that was their real logo at one point). My one complaint would to make the numbers white and not phantom.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Other than the number issue already pointed out on the Hawks, I love the jersey. Very sharp and the black and red goes great with the vintage white. I think their previous vintage jersey strays a bit too close to the tan color. I'd like to see it a little bit brighter, but not white.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

LA Kings

LAKings.png

I gave the Kings the old purple and yellow with the 80's jersey design. I did use the current shield logo though. The home jersey is purple and the road is yellow. The white third was inspired by the LA Lakers.

Detroit Red Wings

RedWingsthird.png

I made a third jersey for the Wings. It's vintage white and is a similar design to the roads. I actually used the Lightning road template to make this. I put the D on the front and the winged wheel logo on the shoulders.

Any more requests? C&C always welcome and appreciated.

I like the kings jerseys, but the red wings' vintage white could be more subtle

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

• 2 weeks later...

Philadelphia Flyers

Flyersthird.png

I made some adjustments to the Flyers Winter Classic jersey including an outline to the black yoke (this outline is thicker than the usual yoke piping, it's the same as the Isles third) as well as matching the hem stripes to the arm stripes. I also added a new shoulder patch which is from old Barrie Flyers of the OHL. Fun fact, this Flyers team was established about 20 years before the NHL Flyers and ironically, was the junior affiliate of the Boston Bruins.

C&C?

wow. that flyers alkternate is awesome! i fove the fact that you wnet and used history to help you out here. the sharks grey jersey look forced. try and stick with orange or grey (both make it look muddled). the wings jersey could be based off there 91-92 alternate and there old jerseys with the diamond(check those out)

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda disappointed with the lack of C&C in my last post, but whatever. I have two new concepts.

All Star Game

AllStarGame.png

I entered this in HJC's All Star comp. I created a new format in which the Stanley Cup champion would face off against the NHL All Stars, like in the Original Six era. This year, it would be the Bruins against the all stars at TD Garden. The Bruins wear their regular uniforms with the Stanley Cup champions patch on it. The all stars wear a new uniform. What do you guys think of this new format?

New York Islanders

Islandersthird.png

I didn't think the idea of a black jersey for the Isles was that bad. They just executed it poorly. I took the current road jersey and replaced all the white with black. It looks pretty cool if I say so myself. I gave them blue pants with an orange and black stripe on them and they would wear their regular gloves and helmets with these jerseys.

C&C? Also taking requests (can be from any league, not just NHL).

I do like that you went with grey as the primary color of the Sharks away jersey. It's really original but if you're going as far as to use grey that prominently you should incorporate it more into the home, which would probably mean that you'd do away with the orange alltogether. I also think the Sharks can pull off a more unique striping pattern.

On a sidenote begging for c&c won't help your cause.

Midway.png

I do like that you went with grey as the primary color of the Sharks away jersey. It's really original but if you're going as far as to use grey that prominently you should incorporate it more into the home, which would probably mean that you'd do away with the orange alltogether. I also think the Sharks can pull off a more unique striping pattern.

Thanks for the feedback but how does asking for C&C not help my cause? I put MY free time into making concepts and nobody gives me any feedback. It's disappointing and it makes me question why I even bother posting on these boards.

Is it just me, or do the Devils need a 3rd? this is something you should try.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Thanks for the feedback but how does asking for C&C not help my cause? I put MY free time into making concepts and nobody gives me any feedback. It's disappointing and it makes me question why I even bother posting on these boards.

It's a pretty common problem around these boards I'd say though that topic has already been covered numerous times. Personally I don't like for peoples' efforts to go unnoticed but someone here once said something about quality, not quantity. So although your work doesnt get much feedback, if you're content with your finished concepts than that's really all that matters. Keep at it!

Midway.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have finally gotten around to doing a Winter Classic concept. Here it is:

2013 Winter Classic

2013WinterClassic.png

The Red Wings jersey is their regular home with laces, vintage white, and I also used a darker shade of red. I also used the 1932-34 logo on the front and the old english D logo on the shoulders. I tried my best to arch the NOB.

The Leafs jersey is a mash up of eras. The jersey uses the sleeve design from the 1970s-80s, the hem striping is from the 1967 jersey, the 1963-67 logo on the front and the old Arenas/Blueshirts T on the shoulders. The traditional socks and the pants from the third jersey are also used.

Archived