knnhrvy's Oregon Rose Bowl Concept

knnhrvy16

Hey guys!

I've had this Oregon Rose Bowl concept kicking around in my head for about a month, and I think I've finally got it how I want it. Before I get there, though, I wanted to let you all know that I've totally revamped my templates and presentation. I take my concepts seriously, but I feel that in the past I haven't really presented that well. Here, with my new templates and presentation style, I hope I can improve my overall image as a designer. So to start off, please let me know what you think about all of that. I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on anything regarding my presentation.

Now, onto the good stuff! The concept.

My vision for the Oregon Rose Bowl concept was to capture the general idea of this...

QIUHUSLJRMFTEVQ.20090930200359.jpg

...and bring it into present-day Pasadena. I took inspiration from Oregon's past - you'll see a fun little nod to a past Oregon favorite of mine - as well as their present. With those little nuggets, I'd like to present my Oregon Rose Bowl concept and new presentation style.

OregonRoseBowlconceptcover.png

Starting out, we have the Oregon Rose Bowl logo. I wanted to follow the footsteps of the likes of Purdue of '01, Washington State of '98 and '03, and TCU of '11 by incorporating a rose nicely into the team's logo/decal. Here, with Oregon being a modern team in the sense of design, I wanted to go for a more abstract rose design rather than the traditional, realistic design.

Next...

OregonRoseBowlconcepthelmet.png

The helmet side. Fairly simple from this angle, a yellow shell with a green facemask, featuring the Oregon Rose Bowl logo. From here, however, you cannot see the thin helmet stripe I have added to the helmet. You will be able to see it in this next part...

OregonRoseBowlconceptjersey.png

The helmet front and jersey. The thin stripe is similar to the one found on the carbon helmet, a thin stripe featuring "GO DUCKS" within. This stripe, to match with the helmet, is green with yellow lettering. The jersey features a rose design on the shoulders, abstract in a similar fashion to the rose found on the helmet decal. A new, untapered number font is featured in solid yellow. The Rose Bowl patch, of course, adorns the chest. The yellow Oregon "O" is found on the collar. Lastly, that "fun little nod to the past" is a subliminated cartoon duck face on both undersleeves. The "fun little nod to the past" also appears on...

OregonRoseBowlconceptpants.png

The pants. The cartoon duck is found subliminated on the pant stripe insert of yellow pants, with the Oregon Rose Bowl logo above the insert.

So what do you guys think? C&C is much appreciated as always, and encouraged! Thanks for viewing!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I love the idea, but I don't know if I like the abstract rose. I think it would look better if you used a real rose.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Looks nice! I prefer that to what they'll actually be wearing. I think the rose could be tweaked a bit. It feels a bit empty. I tend to think of roses as very full flowers, yet that one has a lot of empty space in it. Just something to consider.

As far as your presentation template goes, the only critique I can think of is to remove the yellow arrows. They're a little distracting and come off as "clip-art-ish."

Get that spambot outta heeere.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the comments everyone! I'll be taken up today, visiting with some family and friends, so I doubt I'll get to any updates for now. But I'll definitely look into making some gloves. I usually don't do gloves with my concepts, but I think it'd be a good idea to try 'em out here. Thanks again everyone!

Any more C&C? Keep it coming!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived