GoDaddy Logo

drdougfresh

So a coworker and I were discussing how horrible the GoDaddy logo is, and I decided to do some research. Turns out, it literally was drawn by a child on the computer:

Since the company was getting a new name, a new logo was also needed and Bob reached out to Connie, a designer friend of his. Connie fired off several logo designs over a couple weeks and nothing seemed to be just right.

One night Connie and her daughter were playing on the computer drawing stuff and Connie happened to like the image they drew up enough to submit it as a logo design.

When Go Daddy saw the image for the first time, they knew it was the right one.

500px-Go_Daddy_logo.svg.png

Wow.

Well, their owner is an all-around jackass and their ad campaign consists entirely of FAMOUS :censored:! so this doesn't surprise me.

The girls they hire to wear wet t-shirts in their commercials are about as "meh" as the logo they use.

Couldn't agree more with both points. Maybe they will be forced to rebrand soon... what with all the controversy they'eve endured surrounding their support of the "Stop Online Piracy Act."

The girls they hire to wear wet t-shirts in their commercials are about as "meh" as the logo they use.

Agreed. I don't get the attraction to Danica Patrick or Jillian Michaels at all (Michaels has appeared in a Go Daddy commercial once or twice, right?)

Well, their owner is an all-around jackass and their ad campaign consists entirely of FAMOUS :censored:! so this doesn't surprise me.

Couldn't agree more with both points. Maybe they will be forced to rebrand soon... what with all the controversy they'eve endured surrounding their support of the "Stop Online Piracy Act."

Oh, you Canadians are so lucky to be living in a country where SOPA isn't a thing that's actually being debated and is supported by members of both parties.

spacer.png

First of all, you know you're failing at something in the advertising department if you're a web-domain company and have to resort to so-called "big names"* and "BOOBIES!!" as your primary way to garner attention. Second, I wonder how the girl's parents explain the commercials of the company using the logo she made to her. Third, now I know for a fact that the star is nothing more than the idea of a child.

*Let's face it; Danica Patrick hasn't really won anything. GoDaddy and her mouth are the only real reasons why people know who she is. And Jillian Michaels? Of course you're not going to be well-known for being a trainer on The Biggest Loser. The 2 most prominent "GoDaddy Girls" seem like textbook cases of "attention whore."

James Hinchcliffe has been tagged as the next GoDaddy spokesperson for Andretti Autosport. Should be interesting to see what the "Mayor of Hinchtown" does for the company.

I don't want to know...

Archived