U of Tulsa's unique looking scoreboard

BigMac12

The point he's trying to make is that it's rectangular, not square.

United Center (square)

scoreboard.jpg

Air Canada Centre (square)

RaptScoreboard.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Yeah but what's so unique about it? The quality? The size? It does look nice, and I suppose you're right that putting one in an arena seems unique.

It's rectangular. The sideline view is super wide screen HD, but the end zone view is much smaller with more emphasis on stats than video.

I'm surprised that more aren't set up this way to be honest...since more seats are along the sidelines, one would think the video capabilities would emphasize that.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah but what's so unique about it? The quality? The size? It does look nice, and I suppose you're right that putting one in an arena seems unique.

It's rectangular. The sideline view is super wide screen HD, but the end zone view is much smaller with more emphasis on stats than video.

I'm surprised that more aren't set up this way to be honest...since more seats are along the sidelines, one would think the video capabilities would emphasize that.

Why should the fans sitting on the end have a smaller video screen? Your thought is good in theory...but I don't quite understand the practical application...people on the sidelines really wouldn't benefit from a wider screen especially in a typical basketball arena.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I guess if anything, the scoreboards in Vancouver and Tulsa are somewhat similar (but not as big) to the scoreboard at the JerryDome...

cowboys-stadium-scoreboard-video-screen-thumb18247340.jpg

As far as arena scoreboards, I've always been partial to the eight-sided one at Madison Square Garden.

The screens under the STAPLES Center scoreboard are actually pretty useful if you're close to the ice on the lower levels.

166310392.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived