NFL Uniform article

Brave-Bird 08

Not a bad read, for Bleacher Report. B) I agree with most of your choices. If you can edit the article, you should probably correct the part on the Jets. The Jets didn't wear these in the 60's. If memory serves, they switched to this look in the mid to late 70's.

pg2_g_todd_2001_original_display_image.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Enjoyed the slideshow ... Interesting how everyone has their own individual preferences. Nobody is right or wrong, it's just opinion.

As Infrared stated, the NYJ went to the unis you posted in the very late 70s ('78 to be exact) and throughout the 80s ... in 1990 they went to the black trim thru 1997.

The Colts experimented with the blue away pants for a few away games in 1995, I would know as that photo was taken at Orchard Park against the Bills .. I thought they looked awesome in those but they shelved them after that season.

Also, the Redskins wore those beautiful spear uniforms for their 70th anniversary, not 75th ... It seemed odd seeing Steve Spurrier coach them while wearing FL State-like gear that season. Then in 2007 for their 75th they wore for only 1 game the old Lombardi 'R' and feather unis against the Giants, in the white jersey with yellow pants, typical Joe Gibbs with his preference for white jerseys at home.

I actually disagreed with you on the majority of your choices, again ... that's just my own personal taste

Agreed on: AZ, GB, IND, PIT, JAX, TEN, and overwhelmingly about the Redskins 70th in 2002 based on their '65-'69 look. One of my all-time favorite throwbacks (even tho' a bit faux from the original) .. 'twas an magnificent tweak-job.

Somewhat agree on: ST L, SD, PHL, NYG

As far as the Rams go, I loved their '65-'71 look, with the blue and white, but more importantly how much more angular the Ram horns were on the helmets back then. Not many people ever seem to notice that. SD yes, but not in the yellow pants. Philly, I liked their Randall Cunningham era of the Kelly green & silver rather than the 1960 version you posted, and as much as I like the NYG road uni you posted I've really taking a liking to the 1961 away version they returned to in 2005.

All others, I disagree with ... especially your choice on NO, BUF, BAL, DEN, TB, and NYJ .....

J-E-T-S: I totally miss their logo when it was pointed and mounted on a 45° angle. Making it oval shaped saddened me in '98. BILLS: Love the '65 throwbacks worn in '09, both blue-white and white-white. BAL: HATE that original logo, it looked like the Water Buffalo hats in the Flintstones. They have an alternate ravens face logo that IMO should be on their helmet instead of that silly bird they currently use.

Not meant to criticize, just comparing ... I always find it interesting how different everyone's taste is.

LA Rams at Buffalo ... 27-Sep-1970 .. check out that front angle of those Ram horns on Roman Gabriel ... looks perfect!!

2461606.jpg

2165315.jpg

*Panthers aren't Carolina Blue, it's Electric Blue.

I enjoyed the slideshow, but I disagree with quite a few of these.

? Saints: Dome Patrol Era

? Bears: 1936 road unis (Google them)

? Vikings: Home version of the one you chose

? Colts: Early Manning Era

? Jaguars: Teal numbers (c. 2002)

? Titans: "Code Blue" alternate

? Bills: Late OJ Era

? Chargers: Air Coryell Era

IMHO B)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

*Panthers aren't Carolina Blue, it's Electric Blue.

I enjoyed the slideshow, but I disagree with quite a few of these.

? Saints: Dome Patrol Era

? Bears: 1936 road unis (Google them)

? Vikings: Home version of the one you chose

? Colts: Early Manning Era

? Jaguars: Teal numbers (c. 2002)

? Titans: "Code Blue" alternate

? Bills: Late OJ Era

? Chargers: Air Coryell Era

IMHO B)

Totally agree with the Dome Patrol era unis. Perfect still.

Colts: Early Manning Era. Absolutely, that blue is still vibrant and unique. The darker colors now AND grey facemask still a downer.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Archived