Most underrated NHL rivalry?

johnnysama

I remember the North Stars had quite a rivalry with the original Jets...that's why I'm hoping the NHLPA quits its :censored:ing and allows realignment to go through-I think given a chance, a Wild-Jets rivalry would be the most exciting in the NHL!

I second this notion!

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

I remember the North Stars had quite a rivalry with the original Jets...that's why I'm hoping the NHLPA quits its :censored:ing and allows realignment to go through-I think given a chance, a Wild-Jets rivalry would be the most exciting in the NHL!

I second this notion!

It wasn't that great, really. I remember far too many nights in Winnipeg Arena when you could hear the coaches talking, not yelling, to the players. The only fun was when the highlights were on CNN, just so Van Earl Wright could yell "WINNY! VERSUS MINNY!" at the top of his lungs.

Jets-Blackhawks, yes. Always fast, always full of fights, always heated, always 4-3 for one or the other. Or 1-0, if you include the patented Nelson Emerson "let's throw the puck into the net from behind the goal line" move.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Clearly the best rivalry is San Jose & Winnipeg. Have none of you seen "Westside Story?"

potd-1.png

(I don't know if just anyone can give it out, but the day's almost over and I don't want to see this one go unawarded.)

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I'm not sure if Stars-Blues is as much as a rivalry anymore, but that was really heated back in the 90s.

I guess the Predators-Red Wings rivalry's underrated, too. Obviously the Red Wings-Blackhawks one reigns supreme, but Nashville's got quite a history with them in a short amount of time

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Clearly the best rivalry is San Jose & Winnipeg. Have none of you seen "Westside Story?"

I've been waiting forever to make that joke, and here you are jumping in and making it. Props to you, sir.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Not sure which ones really qualify for underrated status imo. Also are we talking present, past and/or potential future rivalries?

As someone else mentioned Colorado/Detroit was a huge rivalry in the 90s, but not so much these days. The Sharks shocking upset of the number one Red Wings in the early 90s pretty much sparked the Shark/Red Wings rivalry of today. Not to mention the Sharks snagged TMac away from Detroit, so I don't think I'd consider the Sharks/Wings a underrated rivalry. Maybe Sharks/Canucks, especially if the continue to meet in the playoffs could start a well-known rivalry.

Another rivalry that I thought would take off was the Wild/Avalanche - the had a great playoff series a few years ago, but neither team has to the playoffs much recently.

Philadelphia/Pittsburgh I wouldn't classify as underrated - they meet just about every year in the playoffs.

Maybe Philadelphia/Toronto. But I don't know there's quite a few rivalries, some big, some not so much.

Archived