Bleuet's WHAT IF... series

bleuet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it, but it needs to flow more. The jet just looks like it was placed onto the shield; it would look better if it looked like it was "one" with the rest of the logo.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like it, but it needs to flow more. The jet just looks like it was placed onto the shield; it would look better if it looked like it was "one" with the rest of the logo.

Will give it a try

I tried a sort of perspective: an impression that the jet fighter is sort of coming out of the shield and moving towards the viewer. Not really easy.

Another team to try is the Seattle Metropolitans. I tried a concept for them last year but it kept feeling too derivative to put up here.

Cool idea for a thread, though.

Okay, Seattle Metropolitans.

Just a thing: to stay in a pure fictional story, the team may have change name. We'll see ;-)

WINNIPEG JETS

One the most succesfull WHA era franchise, the Jets have quite success in the NHL.

Led by Selanne, they won the Stanley cup in 1995-1996 against Detroit and losed the 2002-2003 finals against Ottawa.

Since then, they are always competitive, regularely getting to semi-finals but can't seem to find a way to get thgough.

Creator note: Thought about a roundel with a W instead of a leaf (after all, its the Winnipeg Jets not the Canada Jets but I don't want to launch this old debate lol), but other folks already thought about the same logo. Thought, "let's stay creative." So went to a air force shield with a F-35 fighter jet sort of coming out of the shield toward the viewer. I think it looks fine.

Other personnal note : This logo could please a US hockey fan as it does not have a maple leaf on it. A US hockey fan would certaily identify to this logo much better then the current maple leaf one.

Thanks all for comments.

The 2011-2012 WINNIPEG JETS

6925712205_577ae8ca28_b.jpg

Looks good. However, ditch the drop-shadow numbers, that's a Rangers thing. On the road, I think blue-silver-red would work (as opposed to blue-white-silver-red) for the striping because as of now, it' a bit too cluttered and the silver is good enough to contrast the red and the blue.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

bleuet...you are the master striper!

Your stripe patterns are unique and look pretty good too.

I like the Seals and Jets uniforms.

How would a red-silver-white stripe look on the Jets pants?

Also, I like your Jets logo, but how would you pull it off in black and white?

You might need a black or navy line around the jet.

Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks for the compliment Sparky. Coming from you, its a honor..

Working on the Rockies and the Jets, you will like the final Jets ones I think.

KANSAS CITY

2 Stanley cups final apearances for the Scouts, loosing in 1980-81 against the Habs and 1986-87 against Phila.

Creator note: It's not easy to draw some creative logos for the Scouts. I came up with this, knewing this sort of graphic already came up before but, I am clueless...

6782454700_44f45aa8a8_b.jpg

FINDING A INSPIRATION

I always begin with the logo. Found some graphic that I liked and used them as an inspiration. Nothing wrong in doing this. If it can help beginners like me, its great.

6928660737_eb975d84a9.jpg

HAMILTON TIGERS

They never left Hamilton, never fold, and now play in the Copps coliseum.

One of the rare team to win a Stanley cup in 4 different decades: 1955-56, 1960-61, 1973-74, and 1988-89. They lost the trophy against Detroit in 1992-93.

The Tiger head is not from me but its what it would be like.

2011-2012 HAMILTON TIGERS

6902634055_9d254f28cb_b.jpg

Ah, my neighbourhood. Corktown!!! Corktown park in the foreground and the Corktown Pub at the corner... CHEERS!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Great

The sure sell some good india pale ;-)

Here's the Jets final, with Sparky's pants atripes and authentic RCAF numbers and a "agressive but not too much" alternate set, with same "Sparky's" stripes, all the way up to the armpits.

6928936833_c1f62d52ec_b.jpg

Holy crap, bleuet, that alt is TRES TRES BIEN!!

That sweater would look awesome on ice, in flight!

The sleeve numbers could be a little bigger, but other than that...WOW!

SEATTLE METROS

In the mid 70's, the trend was for shorter teams names, for marketing purposes.

The Metropolitans took the shorter name trend and like the Knickerbockers who switched to "Knicks", the Metropolitans switched to "Metros"

Heres the 2011-2012 Seattle Metros unis and logos.

6786517002_73cea32804_b.jpg

A big thank to the fellow who gave the hint on the colourlovers website. Nice resource to find great colors patterns.

A part of the graphic comes from somthing I found on the net. I did not create all the logo but modified something found, changing buildings and adding the skyneedle.

that is awesome!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived