Bleuet's WHAT IF... series

bleuet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOUSTON AEROS

6793773546_41e75c3109_b.jpg

This is really good bleuet. I like how you've worked the Texas flag into the shoulder patches and logo; Really clever. Nice work.

If I was doing this in Photoshop, I'd put a small white glow around the objects in the foreground, (on a dark background)

It helps to "get rid of" the stray white pixels around the objects.

Are you able to do that in the program you're working with?

Great logo.

Thanks

Found this:

6794763064_dab7696dc2.jpg

To get to this:

6940875561_c8fbc03746_b.jpg

Yeah, I don't have photoshop, I use paint.net... If I make another serie, I may switch to gimp.

You notice the shape of the shoulder patches, not standard round, not triangular, but the shape of top of the rocket. Fun to play whit shapes.

You did see the H and A on the rocket? Not sure it show enough but, I tried other ways to emphasize them and it was not looking good.

CINCINNATI STINGERS with fun facts

6789373788_c4e7a2ab3a_b.jpg

At the end of the WHA/NHL fusion talks held in 1977, two teams only were allowed to join the NHL: Cincinnati and Houston.

The expansion draft rules allowing both Cinci and Houston to protect only 4 players, made the NHL start very hard for them, as their most valuable players were drafted and moved elsewhere.

It was a no-brainer for Cinci to protect Mark Gartner. On a rainy june 1983 day, selection of Pat Lafontaine in the 1983 entry draft and a trade bringing goalie Richard Brodeur from Vancouver made the Stingers immediatly more competitive.

They won a Stanley cup in 1985-86 against Edmonton and made the finals in 1990-91 (Houston) and 91-92 (Edmonton) without success.

HOUSTON AEROS with fun facts

6793773546_41e75c3109_b.jpg

No doubt Detroit would have love to pick Gordie Howe in the 1977 expansion draft but the Aeros kept him, along with son Mark.

The Aeros came a long way becoming competitive but they became a top NHL team in the early 90's.

Trades briging top scorer Bernie Nicholls and ace defencemen Paul Coffey paved the way to a Stanley cup championship against expansion cousins Cincinnati in 1990-91 and the surprising Leafs of 1993-94.

They made the finals again in 2006-2007 loosing to Washington in what the sports reporters called the "Star wars finals".

It was not intentional, the logo certainly looks like a rocket, but could be seen as a jet, which is alright after all, its the AEROS..

Could make the hockey sticks wing a bit bigger, and it would look both a rocket or a jet, but I won't.

Funny how sometimes you get better results then what you had in mind.

QUEBEC NORDIQUES

Finally, in 1979, Quebec joigned the NHL with Edmonton, Winnipeg and the Whalers.

The early 80's Nords were competitive, and the addition of the Stasny brothers made them an instant top notch NHL team. Unfortunately, they never went further then semi-finals.

Tha late 80's terrible Nordiques were a pity to watch but slowly, they builded what became a talented group of players, around Sakic, Forsberg, Sundin and Ron Hextall.

The 1996-97 Nords finally won the Stanley trophy against Minnesota, and another one in 1998-99 against the Kings.

6795373206_8896a9c614_b.jpg

Sparky, I did not use the arena pic as it was a bit small. Thanks anyways.

Stingers: The jerseys look good, but try to make the logo look less "cartoony"

Aeroes: I love this, but the colours look a little to "Jets" (Winnipeg) and I don't like the random stars

Nordiques: Not bad.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Stingers: The jerseys look good, but try to make the logo look less "cartoony"

Aeroes: I love this, but the colours look a little to "Jets" (Winnipeg) and I don't like the random stars

Nordiques: Not bad.

Stingers: I agree. The problem is it's beyond my abilities

Aeros: yeah, I know, I used the flag of Texas colours, it happened to be the same then the former Jets logo I used topick colours for Win. I'll see for the stars.

Nords: well, its an old concept of mine.

Thanks!

bleuet, three words that you need to hear:

TAKE YOUR TIME!

How ironic...

Pretty much...

Though you did trace that rocket, I actually really like the Houston Aeros concept. It's probably one of the more lovable 'creative' logos you've worked on.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Thanks

Creative in the sense I try to not copy and paste current logos. I am not against that if others want to explore the jersey design side without trying to bring some new logos.

The "take your time comment" came as an reply to the first Jets logo I posted by mistake. It was not good at all.. I deleted the post. No offense.

If only the Stingers would've made the move!

One can make endless fictive stories based on defunct teams. It's all about having fun.

Well, there would certainly not be a team in Columbus, but I always wondered why the NHL did not give Cinci a chance..

Haha, that couldve been a good thing. Cincinnati would never get a pro NHL team now, city is too run down. Only way would be a new arena and that's not going to happen. The Mayor of Cincinnati is more worried about his streetcar.

I've really enjoyed the series bleuet.

I've gotta say that your last two concepts are the best, IMO.

Yea, they could both use a little tweaking but...

The Aeros' logo is great. It almost has a humorous quality to it, and I mean that in a very positive way. It's really clever.

I also like how you've worked in the Texas flag.

Your Nords' logo and uniform is becoming a very acceptable option, should the Nord thing happen.

Your logo has been around for a little while now and we're getting pretty familiar with it.

I think it's a better look than the igloo.

I like the fleur-de-lis on the shoulders and pants.

I'm not sure about the armpit striping, but its o.k.

I definitely like the contrasting shoulders.

I'd be quite pleased if this was the new Nords' look, with their original unis as a retro alt.

I've really enjoyed the series bleuet.

I've gotta say that your last two concepts are the best, IMO.

Yea, they could both use a little tweaking but...

The Aeros' logo is great. It almost has a humorous quality to it, and I mean that in a very positive way. It's really clever.

I also like how you've worked in the Texas flag.

Your Nords' logo and uniform is becoming a very acceptable option, should the Nord thing happen.

Your logo has been around for a little while now and we're getting pretty familiar with it.

I think it's a better look than the igloo.

I like the fleur-de-lis on the shoulders and pants.

I'm not sure about the armpit striping, but its o.k.

I definitely like the contrasting shoulders.

I'd be quite pleased if this was the new Nords' look, with their original unis as a retro alt.

Thanks for all.

Well, I still got the Hampton Roads Rhinos to do, will work on this later.

Thanks for all and keep your good work.

Archived