Bleuet's WHAT IF... series

bleuet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DENVER ROCKIES

In 1992, the MLB allowed a baseball franchise to a group of Denver businessmen, who, fore some reason, wanted the team the sport the name COLORADO ROCKIES.

This was causing problems to the NHL Rockies, who were not ready to let the baseball team sport the same name.

After a short justice proceedings in Denver regarding the name of this new pro baseball team, both parties entered into mediation and after 3 weeks of negociations, the MLB Rockies agreed to pay the NHL ones 25 M$ in exchange of what, the NHL Coloradio Rockies would change their appelation for Denver Rockies.

The NHL Rockies owners took this upportunity to change their late 70's era logo for a new design and new unis, which was in part the reason for the 25M $ indemnity paid by the baseball team. But in fact, these clever folks were working on new logos/unis since a couple years...

This is the 1993-94 Denver Rockies logos and uniforms.

Denver made a trade with Montreal in 1995 for Patrick Roy and a trade with Quebec city bringing Peter Forsberg in 1999 and won 2 Stanley Cups, in 2000-2001 defeating the Rangers and 2003-2004 against Montreal.

6912065761_b81923a919_b.jpg

Enjoying this series a lot, bleuet.

I like your "out-of-the-box" striping patterns.

Thanks

It's all about having fun and explore what could be done.

Wait until you see my Seals concept, its everything but conservative (not political conservative lol)

OAKLAND SEALS

Take a seat in my Delorean, lets hope the engine starts, we're going back to the future. Destination is june 20th 2018, downtown Oakland.

As we watch thousands of fans gathered along the main street, NHL star Sean Couturier is holding the Stanley Cup above his head sporting his marine blue Seals jersey.

After a short stay in Montreal, Couturier was traded to Oakland and, 2 days ago, scored the winning goal against his former team.

This is the second cup for the Seals, who won the 1984-85 classic after acquiring Billy Smith and Mike Bossy from the Islanders.

They lost the final in 2008-2009 against Toronto.

2017-2018 OAKLAND SEALS

6916142415_abbd4ce95b_b.jpg

Rockies:

• Tone it down. You've got green, red, and 2 shades of blue. Ditch the green (or yellow, whatever that is).
  • Make the waist stripes straight (I like the design BTW).
  • The alt is interesting, and love the idea of the away - it reminds me of Canada's Summit Series sweaters. Ditch the sun/moon on that jersey and get rid of the red stripe at the front.
  • Your 3 jerseys are all very different. I'd ditch the alt, and use either the home or the road as the primary (with a matching white/coloured version), and use the other as the alt

Seals:

• Ditch the words on the jerseys - both above the logo and below the numbers (on the waist)
  • Remove the shoulder patches since they're the same as the crest logo
  • Ditch the vertical stripes/piping
  • Ditch the black stripes; they're unnecessary and clutter up the jerseys

Good work.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Hi bleuet...I'm enjoying the series.

I don't know if you have a background picked out for the Nords, but I found this when I was doing the Highlanders series...

qa.jpg

It's an artist's rendering of what the new Quebec arena would look like. (I hi-jacked it from Nordique Nation and turned it into the MacArena, ha-ha).

Maybe an idea to consider for you.

There's a bunch of variations and sizes available online.

Keep up the good work.

bleuet, three words that you need to hear:

TAKE YOUR TIME!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Is that a neon green sun on the Rockies logo?

Everyone knows that Colorado was exposed to dangerous levels of radiation in the Second Civil War -- jeeeeezzz...

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Hey bud nice thread. Can you include the Cincinnati Stingers and Houston Aeros? They were both only a couple votes away from becoming NHL teams in 1977. But thanks to the Maple Leafs' owner, Ballard (pronounced Bastard here in Cincy) it never happened.

Hey bud nice thread. Can you include the Cincinnati Stingers and Houston Aeros? They were both only a couple votes away from becoming NHL teams in 1977. But thanks to the Maple Leafs' owner, Ballard (pronounced Bastard here in Cincy) it never happened.

Sure.

I'll had Kansas City also.

Sure.

I'll had Kansas City also.

ummm... can you also add some promoted teams? (hampton roads rhinos, for example)

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived