Soccer Concepts - (Tottenham Hotspur added)

curswine

Looks good, but Celtic would never ever in a million years have orange anywhere on them because of the sociopolitical and sectarian implications of the color. I know it's in the Irish Tricolour and everything, but as it represents Protestants and Protestantism, Celtic, as football's Catholic brigade, would never wear it in any capacity.

I disagree with that. Celtic's coach has the irish flag colors very prominent on his jacket (the collar in the picture, was the cleanest pict I could find), so having a nice kit that showed the tricolour is not a huge leap.

Neil+Lennon+FC+Barcelona+v+Celtic+FC+UEFA+-Jx8liaLGKnl.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good spot, I'd forgotten that Neil Lennon wore that track top.

I got a little bored earlier and thought I'd try something different, also something this board might be a little more accustomed to. The reason I chose the Jets, well I saw another thread floating about so I just used that for the colours, hope that's ok.

I tried tying in a few things I use in my soccer concepts to hopefully give it a unique look. Comments would be appreciated no matter how harsh since this is my first time outside the soccer world.

2dcec8l.jpg

I'm with you, the gradient on the home is a bit too much but every other way I tried it looked worse, I'm sure there is a way to pull something like this off and not be so garish. On the other hand though I have had a few Spurs fans say the like the look.

Glad someone picked up on what the away was based on, I've always seen yellow as being Spurs' traditional away colour.

FC Sochaux-Montbéliard - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/fc-sochaux-montbeliard.html

Sochaux.jpg

Sochaux_away.jpg

I really love the first Tottenham one. Have they worn something like that before? Where did you get that idea?

No nothing with such a huge 'front piece' like that has ever been worn by Tottenham before, the idea came from some trial and error playing around with the styles that Nike have been using for a few of there kits, most prominently this FC Porto away shirt

20194.jpg

I'm still of the mind it could have been executed better, maybe I'll revisit it in the future, it has been one of the biggest talking points of all the shirts I've made.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty stuck for ideas if a football jersey doesn't get a comment here.

I'll just keep posting soccer concepts then.

Tottenham Hotspur - http://kitstrikotcam...hotspur-fc.html

Spurs.jpg

Spurs_away.jpg

The away shirt is one good looking concept. I started supporting Tottenham back in 1981 and have always preffered the yellow away shirts although growing up I found that the traditional away was dark blue and white. The home shirt is different. Good to see you have tried something else than rather stick to the usual all white and blue trim that Tottenham are associated with. Good work.

glory10.png

Now those Tottenham kits are great. Love this series

Thanks, the Tottenham concepts are proving to be quite the talking point, I may have to revist them in a full kit template in the future.

Turkey uniforms are quite realistic. I like that you kept within Under Armours minimum design style.

Yeah that's what I got for when I make my kits, I look at a brands characteristics and try to match to their style, so as you point out I observed that UA designs are quite minimal on top but when you get closer to them you can see they're packed with hidden seams and mesh layers, they're slightly less traditional than your standard Nike/Adidas wares.

Montreal Impact - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/impact-de-montreal.html

Montreal_Impact.jpg

Montreal_Impact_away.jpg

Western Sydney Wanderers - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/western-sydney-wanderers.html

WSW.jpg

WSW_away.jpg

Wow, that is one huge UA logo on the Montreal Change kit... And it somehow works.

I really love the Tottenham primary.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

You really cleaned up Belguim. IMO, their kits are a mess right now.

For Cercle Brugge, there seems to be a lot of clutter. Between the main shirt sponsor, the BRUGGE square below the Adidas logo, the ADMB below the shoulders, and the other Brugge patch on the arms, it just seems a little unessecary.

This. Well done.

For Cercle Brugge, there seems to be a lot of clutter. Between the main shirt sponsor, the BRUGGE square below the Adidas logo, the ADMB below the shoulders, and the other Brugge patch on the arms, it just seems a little unessecary.

While I agree with everything above, this is typical of all the belgian league teams so it really cannot be faulted too much. The only issue I have is the adidas 3 stripes on the away not being one colour. I Think this would improve it.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Wow, that is one huge UA logo on the Montreal Change kit... And it somehow works.

I really love the Tottenham primary.

Yeah it sure is, I think because it is so large though that is actually fades into fabric and forms a part of the kit itself, subtle marketing if you will. The home obeys the traditions of the team but the away wipes it's boots on them in a way.

This. Well done.

While I agree with everything above, this is typical of all the Belgian league teams so it really cannot be faulted too much. The only issue I have is the adidas 3 stripes on the away not being one colour. I Think this would improve it.

Marble21 answered this perfectly, sadly this is the way it is in Belgium, teams whore out their shirts as ad space just to make ends meet even the 'big' Belgian clubs such as Anderlecht and Club Brugge can't get away from this.

Regarding the sleeve stripes, it quite possibly would look better but to be honest I just just trying to find a way to look it less generic.

The Panionios shirts see an end to me using a single shirt template as I will be moving on to the template you see with the Minerva kits.

Who are Minerva I hear you ask, they're a futsal team from Belgium who contacted me to come up with some kits for them to use in their local league, I was given guidleines to follow and a couple of kits they liked the look of as a base to work from and here's what I came up with. Both were voted on by players from the club as to which they would use as a home kit, the white kit was the victor.

I'll post pictures when the white one gets turned into a real kit.

AFP Minerva - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/minerva-afp-futsal.html

Minerva_2000.jpg

Minerva_2_2000.jpg

Panionios - http://kitstrikotcamisasmaillot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/panionios-gss.html

Panionios.jpg

Panionios_away.jpg

Archived