Best baseball player

Gamingboy

Who was the greatest baseball player?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who was the greatest Baseball player of all time? I included a list of perennial favorites.

Why Phil Rizzuto is on the list is that Ty Cobb once said that only Rizzuto and Musial could become stars back in the early 1900s. And who's to say he was wrong?

Personally, I think it has to be either Mays or his godson, Bonds. But because Bonds never made "The Catch", it's going to Mays.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Way too hard. You can't compare players from different decades. You can pick the best player of a decade, but not all time. How are they the best too? It's a personal desicion. Great fielding? Good hitting? It's just too hard to do.

How can you compare Bonds to Ty Cobb? They didn't even have BALCO back then B)

But in all seriousness, it's just too hard.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

i voted for josh gibson.......everyone, black, white, or hispanic, feared his bat...and he was a pretty damn good catcher too.....i believe he hit over 800 homers in the negro leagues, which was much stiffer competition than the majors at the time.

I love the story when Josh Gibson faced Satchel Paige. Paige told Gibson where he was going to throw each pitch, daring him to hit his fastball and still struck him out

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Amazing, you didn't have A-Rod on the list. You must not be a Yankee fan! Rock on! :flagusa:

I voted for Willie Mays.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Wow... that is one legendary list... Brass Bonanza said it was too too hard, and I'm going to agree with him...

But if I had to pick someone, it would have to be "SAY HEY" Willie Mays

How many other players hit more home runs than the rest of the league combined at any point in their careers?

Sadahara Oh, Josh Gibson. To name 2. (pure speculation, for argument's sake)

Amazing, you didn't have A-Rod on the list. You must not be a Yankee fan! Rock on! :flagusa:

I voted for Willie Mays.

A-rod isn't on the list because it's too early in his career. I have NO DOUBT that A-rod would make this list (and probably win) 10 years from now.

A-rod IS the best active AL player though. Just to make you happy.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I think it goes to Ruth. But a few questions though. I'm a Yankee fan, but why is Phil Rizzuto on the list?

Second, Where is Mickey Mantle???? Had it not been for DiMaggio causing Mantle to tear up his leg, Mantle would have been arguably the greatest all around player, with his power and speed. Despite that he should be on the list.

EDIT: I see your reasoning on Rizzuto, but I don't agree with that.

I think there is one particular player in his fourth season right now who's got a good chance to get on this list, but as for now...

I'm not gonna say anybody. I will say, the best way to compare two players of different eras is to see how much better the player was than his competition.

Heres one more thing to consider about the Babe he was a great pitcher too he had a lifetime record of 94-46 with a solid 2.28 ERA. Had he remained a pitcher he would be in the Hall as a Pitcher.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would've said Hank Aaron, but from that list it has to be Willie Mays.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived