U H L 's Missouri River Otters unveil new logo...

The Missouri River Otters of the United Hockey League have unveiled a new identity package. The talented team at Joe Bosack Design is responsible for the new look, and "par for the course" with a Bosack-generated identity package, the new logos look sharp.

Check it out at http://www.riverotters.com

Fans of the late, lamented Hartford Whalers will certainly feel some affinity for the palette of colors that Joe chose to work with. Just check out that jersey in the photo in the upper right-hand corner of the team's home page.

Brian in Boston

Not bad. I could immediately tell that it was a Joe Bosack mark. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

That's definitley a good thing. I love his work.

This is classic Joe Bosack. Great logo. Great wordmark. He consistently puts out top-notch stuff.

I'd like it better without that wave coming out from the arm area; waves behind would have sufficed. That, and the hockey stick is a little unneccessary. At least they didn't put the full logo with workmark on the jerseys, that's a good step. It's a technically better logo, for certain, but I think I liked the older one better. I don't know why, really; just an aesthetic judgement.

The jerseys are basically Whalers jerseys with their logo, which disappoints me. Would have been good to do something more unique, especially since the brown/tan is much more prevalent in that logo than the blue or green.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i like but I dont... i dunno... going to the whalers jersey seems like a mistake to me... and im getting a "fishercat" vibe from the logo... but it looks good dont get me wrong...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old topic, but, I had been checking their page often, and some how missed the new marks as well as this topic.

Bosack did a good job designing this logo, but I don't think it's an improvement. I definatley prefered the old logo. The old logo needed simplifications, but I liked it better. I do like the fact that this mark can stand alone without the wordmark though.

I prefered the old jerseys too, though I would have changed them...just not to this.

All in all, I think the change is sort of meh, but I'm glad to see the new ownership is trying to revamp them, and doing it through a great design group (even if I don't think the change came out great). Hopefully they can put a winning team on the ice again. Now that I can drive and have a job, I'm considering getting a season ticket plan.

It's OK.

Certainly not bad. Within the general high standards of JB for sure.

But I too don't like the arm/wave action. The thing looks to be swimming but like a human.

Meh.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

It's OK.

Certainly not bad. Within the general high standards of JB for sure.

But I too don't like the arm/wave action. The thing looks to be swimming but like a human.

Meh.

I actually am not sure it falls in his usual work. In terms of quality, definatley, but execution? Not so much.

Although, a lot of this is skewed just because I liked the previous logo, just thought it needed cleaned up.

Wasn't attached though.

I missed this tread too.. the wordmark is perfect, but i agree, the wave looks too much like he is hugging a fish.

great wordmark, decent logo.

An OK effort from the Bosack group... which equates to an awesome effort from anyone else.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived