Concept for Kitchener Peregrines (NHL Franchise)

DasNordlicht91

While the idea of a Kitchener-based NHL team is nothing more but a pipe dream, I've seemed keen to the idea of a team based on the area, and as such, here's a set of home & road uniforms, plus an alternate uniform for an NHL team from Kitchener (that currently has no name, yet.).

z0AaN.png

T5j5J.png

UYioh.png

(NOTE: Player names are placeholder names for the purposes of this concept.)

Thoughts and ideas for improvement welcomed, please & thanks.

This feels more like a Winnipeg Jets concept with the stencil type and military imagery. You're halfway to a pretty good Winnipeg Jets concept, though.

Double-stroked stencil numbering defies logic, I'm pretty sure. If you want to commit to that style of numerals, it's single-layer or nothing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What is this insistence with putting stars on uniforms? The five-point star is far too overused by different national flags, so that, to me is cause for confusion. Besides that fact, the Dallas Stars already exist in the NHL.

It's very Winnipeg Jetty.

I also don't think it's too far out of the realm of possibility either. Hamilton and North Toronto are always talked about, but if a team was placed in the Kitchener-Waterloo-Guelph-Cambridge area, I think it would work better. The metro area alone is over 500,000, plus the outskirts of the GTA, London and other communities that are less than an hour away (as long as it's not rush-hour on the 401). It's centrally located, far enough away from the GTA, but close enough to draw people. Also alot of corporate support based there (RIM).

sig.png

The problem that I have is that you don't have a name for the team. It's hard to make a concept for a team that doesn't have a nickname (unless you're going the soccer route, but still...). Think of a name and then base your concept around that, and you'll have something a lot stronger. Right now, it's as if the Rangers and Jets made sweet love and created this concept.

UPDATE 2.0 -- A very dramatic update here (it's in it's rough stages), as I've basically overhauled the homes and roads with new colours to match the Kitchener city flag. Gone are the stencil nameplates and gone are the "Captain America" wings. It's not complete yet (the logo is still a work in progress), but I wanted to give a rough outline on what the new sets are.

Kitchener_Flag.png

The flag of Kitchener, Ontario (for reference on the team's new colours)

Set 1

jWRZM.png

VHspH.png

Set 2

6VCoz.png

8iUFw.png

The logo still needs work, Das, but...

You've got a nice colour scheme happening,and,

your first helmet logo has a "falcon" feel to it.

I think that the K-W region would be a great location and it's outside of the Leafs and Sabres legal territory isn't it?

You'd be drawing from K-W, Guelph, Cambridge, London, Hamilton, and the western GTA, as tiger already mentioned.

Archived