Mystery Player 5/27/04

NJTank

I made my NHL debut with the Flames in the 1990/91 season early in the 1991/92 season I was dealt to the Blackhawks. I would stay in CHicago until being traded to the Rangers durring the trade deadline in 1994, I would play in New York until 1995/96 when I was dealt to the Blues after ayear and a half in St. Louis I signed with the Sharks in 1997. After 5 years in San Jose I was realeased and picked up by the Pantehrs in 2002, where my NHL career as of now wrapped up as I langiushed in the minors this season.

Who am I?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That sounds about right.

I'm surprised that name doesn't make Tank's ears bleed. ;)

Tank was probably a Rangers fan at that time. If I recall correctly, it was the Rangers he finally gave up on this year and switched to a Devils fan. That's not to say he didn't like the Devils a bit before.

Stephan Matteau...now, that's the guy who eliminated the Devils with his superduper double overtime goal in game seven after Mark Messier (who the hell is Mark Messier? See below) guaranteed victory, right? Matteau was the kid's name, I think...Martin Brodeur got bested by some kid named Stephan Matteau...on the RANGERS! In DOUBLE OVERTIME! In GAME 7!

Sorry...when I get emotional I can't control the volume of my voice... :P

Matteau. Say it loudly. Proudly. Matteau.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

That series.....there are a lot of overrated playoff series that I've seen....some that are made way beyond what they were like to watch.

This wasn't one of them. Probably my favourite series from ones I've seen and I didn't have any team to really cheer for.

Stephan Matteau...now, that's the guy who eliminated the Devils with his superduper double overtime goal in game seven after Mark Messier (who the hell is Mark Messier? See below) guaranteed victory, right? Matteau was the kid's name, I think...Martin Brodeur got bested by some kid named Stephan Matteau...on the RANGERS! In DOUBLE OVERTIME! In GAME 7!

Sorry...when I get emotional I can't control the volume of my voice... :P

Matteau. Say it loudly. Proudly. Matteau.

What have the Rangers done since then???

The Devils, they went on to win 3 cups. I'll trade that series loss for 3 cups. The reason I don't like it is becuase they Devils might then have won 4 cups.

It is Matteau and I was a Ranger fan at the time, I always sorta liked the Devils but it was not until this year that Glen Sather made me stop being a Ranger fan.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

He's been "Step on my toe" from the beginning--called him that on Calgary--and was happy to see a former Flame get a big goal...

Addtional question though--

Matteau was drafted by the Flames with a draft oick they received in a trade with the North Stars, in thta trade the Flames received 2 picks...

So who did the Flames trade for the picks?

and

Who did the Flames choose with the other pick?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived