Touching up some concepts

rsaline

I was a part of the My City Multi-Sport Contest a couple months back and had the opportunity to make all my concepts from scratch. I got a lot of good C&C but I was looking for some more so that I could start working on them and perfecting them. I will do one team at a time in the same order as they were presented (Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Football). I want to make sure that I get it right, so I will complete each concept before starting on the next one. I'd really appreciate the help on these since they were the first actual concepts I put on this site. Thanks!

Here is the first team, the Colorado Rockies. My favorite current set is the black sleeve-less alternate. Personally, I really like sleeveless jerseys. I also like the 'R' logo that the Rockies have used in the past for marketing (http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/images/2012/01/18/bWilQyMH.jpg). There are two things that I'm definitely going to do on this set, add a "Colorado" script, and use more purple in the sets. Otherwise, this is open to suggestions.

Colorado Rockies: Logos | Jerseys

Here is what I got out of C&C from the contest:

-more white in the primary

-"Colorado" script needed

-no black on black hat

-elongated numbers

-font is too simple for word marks

Thanks all!

I like the logos, but on the primary, the light purple on the darker purple doesn't work because there's very little contrast. Replace light purple with white.

The font needs something; as of now it's too simple. The cap logo and scripts look rather bland. What I like about their current font is that it's unique; this is very boring. As other people mentioned, the numbers are elongated and there should be a "Colorado" script. Also, 4 caps is way too many. Stick with a full-black one and one with a black crown + a purple button and brim. Again, black on black doesn't work. Also, on the black alt, I don't like how the numbers and script are "phantom numbers/scripts" (the same colour as the jersey but with an outline). Make them either purple or white.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Alright, I created two styles for the scripts that I could use, looking for input on which is better, or if they are both horrendous. After that, I will hopefully get to work on the primary and secondary logos, followed by the jerseys.

ScriptsRedo.gif

Thanks all for the help!

Left it is.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I honestly think you could lose the bottom half of the logo altogether, and just have the mountains and the "Rockies" wordmark. I'd also thicken the black stroke aroudn the letters and around the whole logo. Also, make sure to make the stroke "pointy." Right now it's rounding off the edges of the mountains.

maybe try and include the baseball striping by making it look like snow(in light grey) into the mountains for more of a baseball look?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I'm digging this update. Nice work.

One thought: what if you modified the script so that the edges (particularly the corners of the R, O, C and S) came to a point instead of rounding off? The reason I suggest this is because if you did that, then the stroke around the top of the R and S would simulate mountains, and fit in well with the mountains above.

Glad to see people like the update. Here are the cap logos I hand-crafted. Let me know what you think. I really appreciate the C & C guys!

Newcaplogos.gif

By the way, the purple has to be included because it will be part of the away set. If anyone has any better suggestions, let me know!

Archived