The Rockies Stirrup Movement - Part 1

jake22

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow man, always heard Jamie Moyer was a great guy, but that goes above and beyond. I am extremely happy for you. Keep working hard on this! I'll try to help with the cause from afar, if possible!

Thanks man it means a lot! Are you a Phillie fan? You could always wear a pair of stirrups when the Rockies come to town soon. Maybe even, nicely, tell my team that you know The Stirrup Guy and that it's not only Rockies Fans, but baseball fans everywhere, that want to see them return to the sport. That might actually go a long way, to hear it in person half way across the nation.

Speaking of Philly, I used to live there and now loath the Phillies. For the simple reason that their fans (stereotypically) are unpleasant dick heads. I know this first hand because when I was a boy, 5th grade to be exact, I was at Citizens Bank Park Loudly cheering for my Rockies when in the top of the 9th Vinny Castilla hit a game winning triple. Keep in mind the Rockies were just about as bad as they are now back then, 2004 I believe. Being from Colorado and out of my environment I had no idea why what I was doing was not ok. My dad had to rush me out of area because I was seconds away from getting my year 11 year old ass beat to a pulp by the drunks. We won and I continued my shenanigans by kindly letting people know that MY god awful team just beat YOUR team that was actively in the playoff race fair and square, haha.

So yeah maybe I crossed the line. But at Coors Field we heckle, we guest, but we don't fight. During my one and only year in the city, Eagles fans dumped beer on a father and son from Minnesota on national television during Monday Night Football, and also blew up a cowboys tailgate trailer, yes, BLEW UP.

Stay Classy Philly!

That's not the point though, in all honestly I'm pretty neutral with the team, I don't root for them, ever, but they're not one of the several on my s**t list. I was OK with them winning ONE world series, but when they did it again, they crossed the line, especially because they beat my Rockies in the first round that year. Might I remind you though that we swept them in 2007.

The point of all that was that I'm sure you are a level headed fan, as there are quite a few of, some that I know personally. If you are serious about helping, go to a Rockies road game, anyone anywhere, and make a damn fool of yourself.

Jake

Oh believe me I know how bad Philly fans are. I wore a Zimmerman shirt two years back, since he's my favorite player for his off the field things that effect my family personally. I was heckled and told off, mind you that the Nationals were out of any contention and I think the Phils were essentially playoff locks at this part of the season. My dad was even wearing my Phillies hat.

I'll see if I can do something to support the movement when the Rocks come to town.

Wow man, always heard Jamie Moyer was a great guy, but that goes above and beyond. I am extremely happy for you. Keep working hard on this! I'll try to help with the cause from afar, if possible!

Thanks man it means a lot! Are you a Phillie fan? You could always wear a pair of stirrups when the Rockies come to town soon. Maybe even, nicely, tell my team that you know The Stirrup Guy and that it's not only Rockies Fans, but baseball fans everywhere, that want to see them return to the sport. That might actually go a long way, to hear it in person half way across the nation.

Speaking of Philly, I used to live there and now loath the Phillies. For the simple reason that their fans (stereotypically) are unpleasant dick heads. I know this first hand because when I was a boy, 5th grade to be exact, I was at Citizens Bank Park Loudly cheering for my Rockies when in the top of the 9th Vinny Castilla hit a game winning triple. Keep in mind the Rockies were just about as bad as they are now back then, 2004 I believe. Being from Colorado and out of my environment I had no idea why what I was doing was not ok. My dad had to rush me out of area because I was seconds away from getting my year 11 year old ass beat to a pulp by the drunks. We won and I continued my shenanigans by kindly letting people know that MY god awful team just beat YOUR team that was actively in the playoff race fair and square, haha.

So yeah maybe I crossed the line. But at Coors Field we heckle, we guest, but we don't fight. During my one and only year in the city, Eagles fans dumped beer on a father and son from Minnesota on national television during Monday Night Football, and also blew up a cowboys tailgate trailer, yes, BLEW UP.

Stay Classy Philly!

That's not the point though, in all honestly I'm pretty neutral with the team, I don't root for them, ever, but they're not one of the several on my s**t list. I was OK with them winning ONE world series, but when they did it again, they crossed the line, especially because they beat my Rockies in the first round that year. Might I remind you though that we swept them in 2007.

The point of all that was that I'm sure you are a level headed fan, as there are quite a few of, some that I know personally. If you are serious about helping, go to a Rockies road game, anyone anywhere, and make a damn fool of yourself.

Jake

Oh believe me I know how bad Philly fans are. I wore a Zimmerman shirt two years back, since he's my favorite player for his off the field things that effect my family personally. I was heckled and told off, mind you that the Nationals were out of any contention and I think the Phils were essentially playoff locks at this part of the season. My dad was even wearing my Phillies hat.

I'll see if I can do something to support the movement when the Rocks come to town.

Anything. No matter how small. WILL HELP.

Here's the thing:

Just say the word "stirrup" in any ballpark across the nation, or CANADA. S**t, say it in any sports bar. Say it to your dear friends and your family. The more the better. One more person, anywhere, is a small victory.

That is all. . . . . . For now

Jake

Man, I can't wait to tell my grandchildren that I was an original supporter of Jake22's "Rockies Striped Stirrups" movement, a story that will be passed on in my family for generations

133773609800.jpg

At your recommendation I fully support this movement. I don't want to look back at my life and regret not being a part of the great Rockies stirrups movement of 2012. A monumental point in our country's history. Who knows how many other movements or revolutions this could spark

....... (bow)

~~~~~~~~

I can't freakin' wait till MY ROCKIES PLAY YOUR A'S!

You must know this though. No hard feelings man. I used to be you!

- Jake

~~~~~~~~

Jesus Christ man, don't you know when you aren't wanted? Go wander the streets of Oakland and don't come back.

LetsGoOakland? More like GoAwayOakland.

Twas called for at the time, but now? Naaaahhhh. Like I said, I used to be you. I am dead serious too.

Okland bro? Are you there buddy?

STIRRUPS

This is now the the "official" theme song of my movement.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/freddie-mercury-rage-pose

- Jake

~~~~~~~~~~

When Players Wear their pants on the ground.

This song is NOT the "official" version of OUR theme song.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/201/508/221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d82822723.gif

OK? OK.

- Jake

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

No? Yes? I cannot for the love of the uniform tell what you you are trying to tell me. Damn you internet!

GOOD DAY.

- Jake

P.s. - - - - my dear friends, how about an ol' lock-eroooooskiiiii?

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO HERE ANY MORE. PHASE ONE HAS BEEN COMPLETED. #2 SHALL COME. HERE.

Archived