The Rockies Stirrup Movement - Part 1

jake22

I agree. They just don't go very well with the uniform at all. If we're going to start movements that won't ever go anywhere, it should be to get the Rockies to make purple the primary part of their identity.

edit: And ditch the pinstripes.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well maybe that will be the next movement. But for now it's stirrups. Do to guys have any ideas of different stripe patterns that might work out better with their current jersey? I guess the road is now Pinstripe free, so maybe they would look better on the road?

• 4 weeks later...

http://the-22nd-rant.tumblr.com/

The CCSLC was the very first place I took this ambitious goal. Many people told me it wasn't possible and that I should give up, and a few people told me to keep on truckin'. I have done just that and want to prove to the Uni-verse that people like us can get our ideas on the field. So I have purposely waited until now to post here again, because this thread died quickly and was forgotten about. But not for long. Because soon I plan to accomplish my goal, and bring a small bit a fame and glory to not only the CCSLC, but also any sports fan that is also a Uniform fan. I highly reccommend that you get in on this before it actually happens, because after it happens you will just be a follower, not an original supporter.

Wish me luck!

~~~~~~~~~~

http://the-22nd-rant.tumblr.com/

This is the website for the project. I really hope some fans out there want to know more about this. Please help me out! This should be a lot of fun. From the response I got on here I wonder if anyone is even interested in what I have to say or in the project in general.

Please check it out

or

Contact me at

the_22nd_rant [at] yahoo [dot] com

Thanks Rockies Fans,

Jake

The concepts of them both look pretty bad in all honesty. They don't go with the uniforms at all. I'm not gonna tell you to stop your goal, but the socks just don't work.

Well, I have already ordered 12 pairs of each. But that doesn't mean they can't change in the future. Once again though, all I hear is a reason why it looks bad and no suggestions for what would look good. I'm completely open to changing paths for a striping pattern that would look better. I mean I understand that the stripes don't go with the pinstripes but what does, and blank just isn't an option

tumblr_m3qfr2t74S1rveixao1_500.jpg

HolyStroke: Very Funny, but as far as I can tell you do not support this movement. You still can, but right now all you have done is laughed at it. I never said this would be legendary, but who knows, it might B)

At your recommendation I fully support this movement. I don't want to look back at my life and regret not being a part of the great Rockies stirrups movement of 2012. A monumental point in our country's history. Who knows how many other movements or revolutions this could spark

Jesus Christ man, don't you know when you aren't wanted? Go wander the streets of Oakland and don't come back.

LetsGoOakland? More like GoAwayOakland.

Holystroke. Here's teething bro, I'm very exited about this. The Rockies are my favorite team and i love stirrups and uniforms in general. I'm not sure about you but I have never had any influence on a pro teams uniform choice, I have only observed. So I decided that I would like to give it a shot. And I am. I can't wIt for the mid summer series vs. The A's where members of the winning team will be wearing these and you will be telling your friends how you were part of it. If you're gonna make fun of my goals then go away, if you have something, anything, to say then say it, but it sure as hell better be worth my time. Got it?

Thanks everyone,

Jake

P.S. One member who shall remain nameless has already emailed me with his support. Because of this he is being rewarded with a free pair of stirrups, maybe two.

The concepts of them both look pretty bad in all honesty. They don't go with the uniforms at all. I'm not gonna tell you to stop your goal, but the socks just don't work.

Well, I have already ordered 12 pairs of each. But that doesn't mean they can't change in the future. Once again though, all I hear is a reason why it looks bad and no suggestions for what would look good. I'm completely open to changing paths for a striping pattern that would look better. I mean I understand that the stripes don't go with the pinstripes but what does, and blank just isn't an option

tumblr_m3qfr2t74S1rveixao1_500.jpg

HolyStroke: Very Funny, but as far as I can tell you do not support this movement. You still can, but right now all you have done is laughed at it. I never said this would be legendary, but who knows, it might B)

Honestly I'd just drop the stripes in general to go with a plain-colored stirrup. Would look much cleaner and nicer overall I think

Manchester-City-icon.png

I read some of the blog, and I'd say that if you ever want a career in writing, you should forward a link to the Sports E-Cyclopedia and see what happens.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm just messin with you man, I think it's cool you're trying it. But do I think it's gonna catch on, I doubt it

A question for somewhere here who knows MLB uniform rules, if one player were to wear them, would every player who goes high cuffed have to have striped socks or stirrups?

When did standard 80s stirrups officially go out of style in favor of the current solid color socks? Somewhere in the mid 90s I think socks replaced stirrups. I know on the Brewers a few players the last 5 years or so have worn stirrup socks. Johnny Estrada did. I want to say Nyjer Morgan did for maybe a game for two as well. So why not striped socks? I think they look good and would look great on most uniforms.

I'll join your movement. I'm the guy who was the only person on our team in high school to wear orange striped socks and long sleeve shirt when everyone else wore solid black. :)

The stirrups looks great. More stripes the better, if you ask me. Very cool concept and I applaud you on your efforts. Considering the Rockies promotional campaign this season "Year of the Fan" and the things I have read that the players have done thus far (playing catch with a fan on the field during an off day) I think your project has some real "legs". Keep up the good fight, Jake!

Archived