Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really intimidated by a Whitney/Roy/Jagr line...

What the hell is Dallas doing?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACHING for that #8 seed.

Dammit, Kings! See what you've done?

And really, I'd have kept Ribeiro if they're that desperate to GIT 2 DA PARTEEEEE. <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm really intimidated by a Whitney/Roy/Jagr line...

What the hell is Dallas doing?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACHING for that #8 seed.

Dammit, Kings! See what you've done?

And really, I'd have kept Ribeiro if they're that desperate to GIT 2 DA PARTEEEEE. <_<

My bet is that Ribeiro wasn't working well in that lockeroom, or Gultuzan didn't like him, or something like that. That's the only explanation.

Jagr will draw some publicity, Whitney is still good, and Roy was needed after trading Mike Ribeiro. I'm a big fan of Jamie Benn and Loui Eriksson, so I like their top 6 and I think they'll be good. The Pacific division is still wide open, because San Jose is getting worse, Phoenix is never that great and they're losing a lot up front, and Anaheim has a lot of variables. The Kings are the only playoff lock in my opinion, and who knows, things can always go wrong.

Parise has informed the Penguins that he has rejected their offer.

With Suter going to Minny, i think it's a safe bet Zach is gone too.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Parise has signed with Minnesota too. Done deal.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

At the risk of sounding pretentious, Pittsburgh was a far better choice than Minnesota, but eh, what can you do. If Minnesota runs the table within the next few years, I'll eat that crow.

What worries me now, though, is that with the departure of Sullivan, Asham, and possibly Park, the winger department is getting a little shallow. Granted, I don't know enough about Glass or Peters to really judge, but knowing guys like Jeffery and Vitale will play a lot more often doesn't make me feel very safe, especially considering the injury troubles this team has had the past two years.

Here's to hoping the home-grown talent will prove more valuable like it did a few years ago.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Actually makes a lot of sense for a hometown kid and a Wisconsinite to head to Minnesota. Didn't expect Minnesota to be a team that threw money around like that, though. I mean, can anyone remember the last marquee free agent signing they had, if ever?

Pavol Demitra was probably the biggest. I don't even know if signed with them. The northwest just got more interesting. Your move Feast.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Funny tweet from a radio guy here in town.

"Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven."

Seriously though, the Wild will uber boss here in a few years with Granlund most certainly playing this year, and magically grabbing Charlie Coyle from the Sharks at the draft last year, coming up shortly.

Mike Yeo is the Eric Spolstra of the NHL now.

Good for Minnesota, but theyre still a few pieces from being a contender. Who do they have on D other than Suter? The Canucks still own that division but not for long. The Flames better get used to the basement cause that's where they'll be for awhile.

Good for Minnesota, but theyre still a few pieces from being a contender. Who do they have on D other than Suter? The Canucks still own that division but not for long. The Flames better get used to the basement cause that's where they'll be for awhile.

If it means Nathan MacKinnon. I can get used to that.

Heatley-M.Koivu-Parise

Gilbert-Suter

Backstrom

Yikes.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If there's anything us pens fans know, it's that: A Power Play of Big Names + Mike Yeo = What power play?

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Heatley-M.Koivu-Parise

Gilbert-Suter

Backstrom

Yikes.

I'm loling at their back six not including Ryan Suter. Jonas Brodin is still a few years away.

Archived