My take on the classic Bucs logo

gynemeth78

screenshot20120416at236.jpg

My take on the 1976 Bucs logo.... which I have always loved by the way.

I just had to get rid of the winking eye.

Well done! I've been waiting for someone to do this kind of treatment, with the simplified image and bolder lines to the classic "Pat Patriot".

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

screenshot20120416at236.jpg

My take on the 1976 Bucs logo.... which I have always loved by the way.

I just had to get rid of the winking eye.

Very nice and simple. One critique would be the snarl seems to be gone in the new logo - which to me kind of made him a little (slightly) aggressive. As your modernization kind of makes him have a "Oh crap they scored on us again" look.

My suggestion is If you could make the modern adaption more aggressive looking, I think it might remove the "scared look". not sure if a snarl and gritting teeth might do it or if would look too 'cartoony'

Nice work though.

There are a lot of things to really like about this modernization. Very clean and crisp lines.

The bottom part of the mouth still needs some tweaking. It looks a bit too robotic-like. Overall it lacks a little character in the face, but I think that could be remedied with a small change, depending on the overall look you want to go with (aggressive: make more of a sneer/growl. Playful: add the wink back in, make a smirk)

Really close on this one.

the problem heres is his mouth. it needs the snarl, not just a blank expression. it gives him more character.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I think the only remaining problem for this logo is that both sets of teeth are visible. The updated teeth are a small improvement, but he still has three white blocky areas stacked on top of eachother (top teeth - sword - bottom teeth). It's just too many consecutive similar shapes in a row. If you eliminate the bottom teeth square, just like the real logo, then this would be fantastic.

One last thing, I think the wink is a unique quality that could also help, but I know some people love the wink and others hate it, so it's up to your preference.

I like it. Great modernization.

But did you consider using pewter and black (to go with the current colors)?

I was about to say the same thing. I don't think there needs to be a lot of each in it, but the blade is a nice way to incorporate pewter. I would almost say to maybe try a black outline, but I see that being too clunky, so I'm not sure how to implement that.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived