TorinK29's NHL redesign

TorinK29

Added Buffalo to the finals. Here's a small TBL update

tampabay.png

I added a white outline to the away logo like H.W. suggested, is this final or are there some more changes that you would like to see?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tampa Bay looked best before that last update. I don't think that's what hockey week meant when he said to add an outline to the inside of the oval. I thought he meant add an outline on the inside of the thick oval, where the white touches the blue (although I could be misunderstanding his comment).

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Here's a really quick post, sorry I'm not updating this often, it's exam season.

Anyway, I mean I didn't put any logos or numbers on it, I'm just looking for feedback if I should go on with it or re-work it, I already have a secondary idea

(It's for the Panthers)

florida.png

The navy is too dark and the hem stripes between the home and away jerseys are inconsistent.

Also, the sublimated paw print is, well, uninspired. Try this (this is the closest I could find to a Florida panther paw):

220px-Puma_concolor_paw.jpg

Also, a personal preference: I prefer you use their current shade of red.

The Lightning concept is absoultely fantastic. I want both the home and third jerseys.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I disagree with the outlines on the logos... I think the current Tampa Bay logo is great and looks best when left alone. I do, however, like the jerseys...their current jerseys aren't unique at all... remind me of the Red Wings

I know I've been showing a lack of effort on this thread, but It's exam season, so I don't always have time.

Florida:

florida.png

For the home and away, I wanted to keep some elements from the pre-edge set, but also to curve the lines to represent a claw.

And for the alternate, I took their current home and removed the sleeve striping (but blue) I added white because the numbers and NOB were impossible to see.

Actually, those are pretty darn good. This is coming from someone who doesn't like much about the Panthers' identity, and those look pretty sharp and yet fitting.

Beef up your outlines. I don't know if teams can even go that thin on the numbers. That also gets especially muddy on the 3-color-numbered third. Oddly enough, that's the same jersey where the logo's outline needs reduced a bit.

I know someone is going to suggest some red shoulders on that third like their original jerseys. Might be worth a try, though I like them as-is.

With concepts this well-thought out, you really should start adding pants/socks/helmets to the presentation. That blue third might look good with blue pants, it might really pop with red. Meanwhile those other two should look terrible with anything but blue pants. But, it's hard to tell without seeing it.

Nice work, keep it up, though don't ignore the exams to do it lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Vancouver Canucks

vancouver.png

The home and away are modern-ish variations of their current set. I took out the cuffs on the road jersey and added in a half-blue between their pre-edge jerseys and their current ones. The arm stripes are adjusted to be more like their 1972 jerseys

The alternate is just a fauxback, a blue variation of their original home jerseys. I used the original Stick-in-the-Rink logo on all three of them, I hate the knew one. (I also don't like any of the other blue and green Canucks' logos so there are no shoulder patches.)

Since the Canucks officially have ties to the Millionaires, I added a throwback jersey. It is basically just your standard Millionaires jersey.

Still accepting C&C on the Panthers concept

This is a very nice Canucks set. I feel like people go overboard with Johnny Canuck and the Flying V and whatnot but you did what was simpler and better IMO. The throwback is sort of ugly, but that isnt your fault, so very nice concept.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Can I just ask how you make these designs? I would love a tutorial.

Actually, I just use paint. There are good templates at http://www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.blogspot.ca/p/tutorialtemplates.html

I get my logos from wikipedia and I use paint.net for them, there is a tutorial at HJC for that as well.

And here's a vancouver update:

vanroadop.png

One of the C&C that I got was that the green numbers looked out of place without the blue cuffs, so I added them on one.

But I don't really like the cuffs, so I made another one with blue numbers, which one do you like better?

Archived