NHL Rework

cdulski10

So I know how everybody feels about Recoloring logos.... but I have tried to give the Minnesota Wild a new look and feel for the team. Minnesota is one of the more prestigious hockey states in the country, and I felt that giving them a retro jersey as their primary would give you that old time hockey feel. Also the color scheme to me for Minnesota is pretty bland and boring. Hope you all enjoy it, again this is my first ever concept so dont rip it up too bad. Im working another concept for the flames that I should have done by the end of the day. Hope you all enjoy it.

Updated with recommendations 1 June 12

MinnesotaWildRe-Work-2.jpg

EDIT: He fixed it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If you want that to work, you should probably darken the blue and green and get rid of the silver. Blue/green/gold/white should be plenty of colours to work with.

The first things that jumped out at me were the illogical way you used the new colours to recolour the primary logo. Your trees are blue and your river is green. The whole thing feels like you just picked some colours and then randomly filled them into a template without any rhyme or reason.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

aci- thank you for the CC, to be honest with you I never thought about that, I guess I like the blue in the trees to give it that dark forest right at dusk look, and the green i just wanted to use as an accent, but after reading your statement i had one of those "eye opening" moments. I will take that into great consideration and re-work this. Also i think it would look cleaner with white as well. Thank you.

Make the dark jersey green with a blue stripe.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The green stripe across the chest, with the dark green logo on it makes it disappear. I would consider some color changes, to make it work more with the crest (if you like that colorization of the logo).

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

So next up after some difficulty with the Wild, I have the Calgary Flames. A team that many try to remake and re-work to no avail. After reading these posts for a while now, I know most people aren't fans of the Flaming Horse logo but I gave it a shot anyways. I stuck with mainly dark colors with the pop of red to really evoke the Fire and Smoke Feel. Also I tried to put a classic feel in the jersey with touches of new age, the lettering/numbers, and collar. Hope you all like it.

CC is appreciated

CalJersey.jpg

I really like the Calgary one, Grey and red works awesome with them... But you gotta work on those contrasting crests! They would be impossible to make out. That or throw a thick thick outline on them. Also consider an alternate logo on the alternate jersey.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Thanks for all the CC guys

DrDougFresh, what do you suggest for a lil more color contrast. To be honest i was trying to go with the more closely related grays to give it almost that Red on Red Blue on Blue look that teams are using. I think its a cool touch to add, but would really like to perfect these. My fear of is if i make the seperation lines too thick then it will just become a jumbled mess

Will-ini- im trying to figure out an alt logo and a way to modernize the Flameing C.... but would like to update it a bit. Im pretty limited... but i like the idea of changing it up a bit. thanks.

White would do wonders. It really won't look like a jumbled mess, because that's kind of the vibe I'm getting from this now. The crest doesn't pop off the home jersey, or the alt because the contrast is so poor. If you want a tangible test for "suitable" contrast levels, two things you can do: the reading test (would you be able to read a whole page of this?), or you can go here and type in your hex codes. The test is for W3C standards (building websites properly), but it will give you a good idea of how to properly use contrast.

Only the Flyers get to use the contrasting nameplate. Besides that, these sweaters just don't look like they belong to the Flames. While there are plenty of elements to fix when it comes to the current set, the colour scheme is not one of them

You need to ditch the contrasting nameplates and the Kings' font. Also, as mentioned above, make the logo contrast more on the grey (charcoal?) jersey - the whole jersey needs some more white as well. Get rid of the Canada shoulder patch; it's just unnecessary.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm not a fan of the "new" Wild. I prefer the red and green. I do, however, like how you've used green as the primary color in the jersey.

As for the Flames, I'm not feelin' it. Ditch one of the grays and replace it with black, and also work in some yellow. It all blends together and makes it difficult to see the striping pattern.

Your idea for the flames is amazing and it fits with Calgary's history. I love it but I agree that the design needs to re worked. There isn't enough contrast between the black and the gray and I think the horse is so dark that you can't see it's facial exoressions

Archived