Unused Miami Heat Secondary Logos

CAB

I don't think I've ever seen these posted, so here's a few of the secondary logo ideas for the Heat in 2007. I personally really like the art deco MH, but it doesn't really fit in with their identity all that well.

More sketches and information can be found here.

MOD DELETED: Since Ben Barnes is still a member here, we should extend the courtesy of asking for his permission to display the graphics. Linking to the blog is fine, however, and I'm leaving it up.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Glad the Heat resisted the urge to go with a palm tree logo. Just because a team plays in South Florida doesn't mean it needs a palm tree.

I wish Canadian teams/companies would resist the same urge with the maple leaf...

Ben (if you're still around), it's always great to see a designer's process work, and the steps they went through to get to the end result. I think the strongest of the logos, and the ones that best fit the Heat identity are the 2 they have in their possession. Love the ball and palm tree logo, but like david said, just because they're SO FLO doesn't mean a palm tree is necessary.

I'd love to see these uploaded to the mothership in the unused section.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That wordmark is a beauty. Really, really nice.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived