sportstar1212's MLB

sportstar1212

I love it. I do like the pinstripes, but I think what you've done really helps to clean up the look and emphasize the purple. I think the only thing I would personally change would be to replace the CR patch on the sleeves with maybe just the mountain and baseball from the logo (in purple though, not silver.) Very nice. I really like your Nationals set too.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, I present to you, the Colorado Rockies:

RockiesOfficialSheet.png

The Rockies are desperate for a change. I dropped the pinstripes, and made use of purple. It's unfortunate that they have such a great color, but they hide it and end up looking like the White Sox in the process, same deal with the old Marlins. I lightened the purple a bit because their current purple is too close to the black, IMO. I included a vest option for them too. I also gave them Jake's striped socks, not stirrups, but still the same. As well, I tweaked the primary logo. The purple mountain is now silver (much more fitting), and the "Rockies" wordmark is recolored to match the one on the jersey.

Thoughts?

The mountain is purple because of the line from "America the Beautiful", "purple mountains majesty". So purple's probably more fitting in all actuality.

I really like the use of purple, not black, as the dominant color. As a color unique to the Rockies, they should use it more in their branding and you executed that perfectly. The uniforms are basically perfect, the only thing I would try is add an alternate cap (black, purple with black brim, white, or even gray) to use use on at least one of the alternate uniforms, I just feel like a set this unusual in the MLB could use another element to it. Not really that important though. Also, McCall is right about the purple mountain, I would return to that but great overall job here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Here's an update to the Rox:

RockiesUpdate.png

I changed the mountain in the primary logo back to purple, which also replaces the CR monogram on the sleeves of the jerseys. I also removed the white outlines of the script and numbers on the purple jersey, I didn't think it was needed. I tried to add a second hat to the set, but I couldn't get it to work right so I left it as is.

I am also going to unveil the Baltimore Orioles:

OriolesOfficialSheet.png

The Orioles have a near perfect set. I left the home, road, and orange jerseys nearly untouched. I got rid of the "O's" cap and the black alt now reads "Baltimore" instead of "Orioles". I also brought back the old, awesome, striped socks. Lastly, I changed the primary logo, which is essentially this logo with the new cartoon bird head inside, it is found on the sleeves of each jersey, along with the "O's" logo.

As always, C&C is welcome and appreciated.

Rockies looks good, only thing I would do is make the patch logo smaller, because right now it takes up basically the whole sleeve. I would just shrink that a little. Orioles look almost perfect. I like the old socks alot, the only thing I would do is either take off the O's patch completely, take off the O's patch and use it on one of the hats, or take off that patch and replace it with the oriole head one, because I just don't think it looks good as a sleeve patch logo. Nice job overall here.

Cohenj.png

Next up is the San Diego Padres.

PadresOfficialSheet.png

The Padres current set is hideous, generic, garbage. They are in need of a total overhaul. I brought back the awesome and unique brown, yellow, and orange color scheme. This is not an exact throwback, I used the scripts from the 90's navy and orange era. The primary logo is a mash-up of the updated swinging friar logo (which is also found on the sleeve) inside their current roundel primary logo.

Hope you guys like it.

Padres look very nice. The only thing I don't like is the yellow front-paneled alternate cap. Paired with a yellow uniform, it would just be too much. Also, I'd add placket piping on the brown alt.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Padres look very nice. The only thing I don't like is the yellow front-paneled alternate cap. Paired with a yellow uniform, it just be too much. Also, I'd add yellow placket piping on the brown alt.

I agree with everything Bubba said. Just sayin yellow would be better than orange. And I really like the friar you chose, instead of the Peyton-Manningish-foreheaded one.

spacer.png

Padres look very nice. The only thing I don't like is the yellow front-paneled alternate cap. Paired with a yellow uniform, it just be too much. Also, I'd add placket piping on the brown alt.

^ what he said.

As for the cap with the yellow alternate, I would go with the regular cap with a yellow brim.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Padres look very nice. The only thing I don't like is the yellow front-paneled alternate cap. Paired with a yellow uniform, it just be too much. Also, I'd add placket piping on the brown alt.

^ what he said.

As for the cap with the yellow alternate, I would go with the regular cap with a yellow brim.

The yellow brim would look nice.

One more thing. If you are going to use orange in the color scheme, I would make the yellow a tad brighter. They seem to be mushing together a little bit, maybe its just me, or maybe its the fact that I am not really a huge fan of orange and Padres to begin with. Overall, really neat concept.

spacer.png

I like this a lot, nice combo of eras. The yellow-paneled cap does not look good on the yellow set, but the yellow brim that the others suggested sounds like a good idea. I also agree about the piping but really good concept here?

Cohenj.png

The Padres will be updated tomorrow, because I'm busy today. I'll make the firar's robe brown (didn't think about that when I was working on it). I'll also adjust the shade of yellow, dsaline is right, it blends in too much with the orange. I also want to include that yellow panel cap in the set somehow, because it's my favorite Padres cap of all-time.

I have been busy with hockey and football this week so I haven't had much time for concepts. Today, I finally got a chance to update the Padres.

PadresUpdate.png

The biggest change is that I used a brighter shade of yellow because the previous one is hard to distinguish from the orange. I fixed the friar's robe, it's now brown. Lastly, I added yellow placket piping outlined in orange to the brown jersey.

As well, I hope the first order of business for the Padres new owners is to change to these jerseys B)

Can I just say this is one of the best concept series I have seen? This set for the Padres works well.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

Archived