Barber Pole/Candy Cane field?

Stampman

It will drive the purists crazy.

Not likely, considering it's just an NAIA school. This will make purists yawn.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It will drive the purists crazy.

Not likely, considering it's just an NAIA school. This will make purists yawn.

Well purists in the NAIA circles, and purists snobs outside those circles

Still, I kind of like it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

It has nothing to do with being a purist snob - it has everything to do with it being hard on your eyes to watch a game on that field. Maybe it'd be OK in real life where your eye can more easily separate the surface from the players, but on TV where everything is flat and the same "texture", it would cause headaches.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think for the players it might actually be nice. It gives a very good visual representation of the progress you are making on the field. As far as tv goes, this is an NAIA school- wow, it might inconvenience the 16 people that happen to tune into the game. Big freaking deal, time for football to be fun and do stuff that goes against the grain. Conformity is boring.

For some reason, this really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Maybe I expected to look a lot wilder than it does.

The field I think looks really sharp is the red turf at Eastern Washington. It really stands out, but there is a problem. I remember watching the North Dakota State-Eastern Washington playoff game two years ago on TV, and it started snowing there. The white of the snow gave the red turf more of a pink look. A pink turf is not what the folks at Eastern Washington wanted.

Archived