Arizona Lizards Soccer Club / St. Louis Strikers

AnthPollock

We're getting a USL Pro team next year. Please submit this to them! It's an awesome design in awesome colors.

Actually, if you email them with a good presentation, this might work. I'm doing logos for an NPSL(4th tier), that will most likely move up later, but it'd be cool to see this logo used

The logo is solid overall, but there are two things that look awkward to me. One is that it looks like the tip of the lizard's tail has been cut off. The other is that it looks like that serif-tail has just been awkwardly tacked on to the S. An idea I have that could fix both would be to curve the lizard's tail downward, so that it curves into the crest rather than meeting it abruptly. Then, instead of the tail on the S you have now, do a sand-coloured swish under the word "Lizards", tapering to a point on the right. That would leave you with the essence of both things you're doing right now, plus it would look like the lizard's tail is really long, running down the side of the crest and then re-emerging (albeit different-coloured) beneath the wordmark. Just something to experiment with.

rATMcmK.png

Everything looks good. My only nit-pick would be how the wordmark rests in a black rectangular area that arches, but the letters in the word do not slant on that same arch. Rather they just stand straight up and down. For example, I think the L in Lizard should slant leftward, the A should slant a little leftward, the Z very little leftward. Then the A can stand straight up and down because it's in the center. Then on the right side the RDS should slant to the right with the S slanting the most, just so the letters matches the flow of the black rectangle they rest in. It's minor and maybe it's just me that thinks this is a good idea. Overall, it's very solid.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it as a stand-alone concept, but it looks very much like your Arizona concept, the soccer ball is the same and so is the crest shape. If these are two stand-alone concepts they look great but if your intention was to put them in a league together you should differentiate a little more.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived