2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not on field related, but I guess the Texans and Broncos have announced they're both getting new video boards in the coming off season. While the Broncos are going to be nice, they'll be pretty standard fare among new boards. The Texans however, being from Texas and wanting to do it big, will usurp the title of largest video board from Jerry's World. To see just how big it is going to be compared to the rest of the league a guy on reddit came up with this great graphic. (Chargers, Vikings and Raiders fans may want to cry now).

nfl_scoreboard_sizes.png

Interesting that the four smallest screens are in one current and three former baseball stadiums.

You'd think with the baseball that the screens might be a little larger for the amount of stats and whatever.

Will the new Texans board be hanging or mounted along the stadium?

Barring any miracles, the AFC playoffs are set:

#1 Denver Broncos & #2 New England Patriots

#6 Cincinnati Bengals at #3 Houston Texans

#5 Indianapolis Colts at #4 Baltimore Ravens

Guarantee that the Bengals/Texans meeting is the early Saturday game on NBC, a la last year. That time slot is always the weakest of wild card weekend, given the selection processes between the networks. CBS would much rather take Colts/Ravens, with the storylines that can be hammered out of that one.

As for the marquee game on Saturday night, there's still a ton of possibilities given this Packers/Bears game. If GB wins, then NBC would probably take Chicago/SF, given the markets involved. It's a tad bit unfortunate that a Bears-Packers game is nigh impossible to have happen.

spacer.png

NBC gets first choice, and then gets stuck with the fourth "choice" game as well.

I have to think Vikings-Packers would be the marquee game next week, ratings-wise. More-so than Bengals/Texans, Colts/Ravens, and Seahawks/Redskins.

I don't know, the Seahawks/Redskins game sounds really interesting.

NBC gets first choice, and then gets stuck with the fourth "choice" game as well.

I have to think Vikings-Packers would be the marquee game next week, ratings-wise. More-so than Bengals/Texans, Colts/Ravens, and Seahawks/Redskins.

Or next week's Pack-Vikes Wild Card game becomes 49ers-Bears if Green Bay wins today. Not sure if NBC would take that over Ravens-Colts.

6uXNWAo.png

Or next week's Pack-Vikes Wild Card game becomes 49ers-Bears if Green Bay wins today. Not sure if NBC would take that over Ravens-Colts.

I think they would take a Bears-Niners game, because that's two of the largest markets in the country, and a rich matchup as far as history goes.

Though Colts-Ravens holds plenty of its own intrigue.

spacer.png

Archived