2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Been through much darker times as a Packers fan than this, and the fact that Colin Kaepernick is proudly reppin' MKE makes it much easier to take. Ted Thompson and Dom Capers better figure something out though.

See, this is why being a Bears fan is so unredeeming. Even the Packers' losses are wins.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the Broncos - how in God's name do you...

1. Allow the long TD pass? I could've done what the defender did, fall backwards and flail pathetically.

2. Not go for a first down when one more would've put the fork in the Ravens?

3. Kneel with 30 seconds, 2 timeouts, and Peyton Manning?

You nailed it on the head right there. Eventhough it appeared as if the referees were doing everything they could to get Ray Lewis in the next round, the Broncos were just as much at fault for not taking advantage of the situation.

I lost count of the number of times I caught myself thinking "You have Peyton. THROW THE BALL!". I also felt that not trying for the first down on their final drive of the 4th quarter was a mistake. I knew if Baltimore got their hands on the ball again, they would hurl the ball deep and burn the Denver secondary for the n'teenth time, which of course they did.

I don't fault Peyton or the Broncos offense at all, who put 35 points on the scoreboard. It was the late-game playcalling that eventually did Denver in. Too conservative on both sides. It came back to bite them square in the ass. Maybe next time they'll trust Peyton enough to let him throw -- kinda like how Denver trusted Tim Tebow throw the ball the year before. :wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

I don't fault Peyton or the Broncos offense at all, who put 35 points on the scoreboard. It was the late-game playcalling that eventually did Denver in. Too conservative on both sides. It came back to bite them square in the ass. Maybe next time they'll trust Peyton enough to let him throw -- kinda like how Denver trusted Tim Tebow throw the ball the year before. :wacko:

Technically, Peyton and the Broncos offense only put 21 points on the board.....

I've long thought one thing re: NFL PI...

...it's a cheap-ass cop-out. I (nor any of you) expect the Competition Committee to rectify this, but instead of spot-of-foul, defensive PI should be 15-yard penalty...with no loss of down.

Just my two cents.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

I've long thought one thing re: NFL PI...

...it's a cheap-ass cop-out. I (nor any of you) expect the Competition Committee to rectify this, but instead of spot-of-foul, defensive PI should be 15-yard penalty...with no loss of down.

Just my two cents.

No, I agree with pass interference rectifying the catch that should've been made but wasn't. My beef is with the fact that if you stick your tongue out at a receiver, it's pass interference. If the NFL wants to give America what it wants, bombs by the barrelful, then why not give them more by letting those be incompletions and having the offense try again?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Am I the only one that agrees with the Broncos running it on 3rd down? You're running off a valuable 40 seconds when the Ravens have no timeouts. I'd much rather have that than the chance that you make the first or you have to punt and give the Ravens 40 more seconds. It's easy to say they should have tried to pass when the Ravens scored, but that only happened because of one of the most egregious defensive lapses in playoff history. Give them those 40 seconds and they have a much better shot of putting together a legitimate touchdown drive.

And if the Broncos were going to be so upset at the Ravens kicking practice field goals during the timeout, someone should have just stood in front of them. Don't let someone do that on your home field.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I had no problem with it either. Denver had a top rated defense this season, and you should trust that to hold down the lead there. It's also easy to forget now that Joe Flacco made a boneheaded decision to run for minimal yardage on the play right before the Jones bomb. Rahim Moore truly bailed out the Ravens yesterday.

spacer.png

13-3 isn't so bad. Going for at fourth and 1 seems a little unnecessary in the middle of the second quarter.

And, yep -- 13-3 would have been better than 20-0.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13-3 would have been a lot better than 20-0. Going for it was pretty stupid.

Seattle's offense has actually been doing pretty well, turnovers notwithstanding. Getting into panic mode in the middle of the second quarter isn't good for anyone.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Am I the only one that agrees with the Broncos running it on 3rd down? You're running off a valuable 40 seconds when the Ravens have no timeouts. I'd much rather have that than the chance that you make the first or you have to punt and give the Ravens 40 more seconds. It's easy to say they should have tried to pass when the Ravens scored, but that only happened because of one of the most egregious defensive lapses in playoff history. Give them those 40 seconds and they have a much better shot of putting together a legitimate touchdown drive.

And if the Broncos were going to be so upset at the Ravens kicking practice field goals during the timeout, someone should have just stood in front of them. Don't let someone do that on your home field.

I agree with the 3rd down run after the 2 minute time out. I don't agree with not even trying to get in field goal range after Baltimore scored, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seattle might be sunk.

And the Falcons are finally not wilting on the playoff stage.

Yet.

Maybe not, but it might be time to start digging around for some 49ers gear for next week's game. I myself would be sporting a nifty 49ers jacket commemorating the '80s, if it weren't for the fact that it's so blasted hot down here.

spacer.png

Archived