2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falcons finally win the big one! manage not to choke more than the other guys.

Playoff game that is.

FYP.

If idiot Carroll gets just one FG out of those two botched red zone trips, the 'Hawks win. Bummer.

That's Fallacy of the Predetermined Outcome, and it doesn't work.

Blame the prevent defense after Seattle had gotten to Ryan on the last three possessions. A field goal wins it, not a touchdown, and Matt Bryant is a money kicker. Two chunk plays, which the prevent defense allows for, got Atlanta to Bryant's range. And no one is picking against Matt Bryant in that spot.

spacer.png

I'm not sure if they have any kind of rule on the books to address this, but couldn't Atlanta be called for a delay of game for Bryant kicking the ball well after the refs blew the whistle for that timeout? It wasn't like Carroll waited to call it right before the snap. A good 1-2 seconds elapsed between the refs signalling the timeout and the snap.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I'm not sure if they have any kind of rule on the books to address this, but couldn't Atlanta be called for a delay of game for Bryant kicking the ball well after the refs blew the whistle for that timeout? It wasn't like Carroll waited to call it right before the snap. A good 1-2 seconds elapsed between the refs signalling the timeout and the snap.

Not really.

Lots of teams go through with the kick if it's called pretty bang-bang. Which that was.

spacer.png

Boy was that sad. I hope Carroll learned something.

And his DC too...like maybe guard Tony Gonzalez? In fairness, he made a couple of great catches when the coverage couldn't have been any better but still.

Oh well. Fun game to watch at least, and I'm at work in metro Atlanta so I got to watch the Falcon fans sweat. :-P

I think SF takes it to the Falcons next week.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Good for Tony Gonzalez on winning his first ever playoff game. This guy is much easier to root for than Ray Lewis. If Atlanta wins the Super Bowl (not holding my breath) I'll be happy for ToGo.

6uXNWAo.png

Good idea. We should punish teams for being on the other side of the dumbest gambit in pro sports.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good idea. We should punish teams for being on the other side of the dumbest gambit in pro sports.

sorry for asking

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Love how everyone feels sorry for Alex Smith. He's a good guy and all but this is the NFL. It's big boy time.

Go Niners!

I used to think the 49ers decision was messed up, but then I said maybe it wasnt, because I was watching something on the NFL network about the '01-'02 Patriots and how they put Brady over Bledsoe because of injury and we all know how that turned out.......

Breaking news from Atlanta...Falcons scrap plans to call their new stadium Futility Field at One-and-Done Park.

Yes, I'd hoped to use that following another Falcon failure but hey, you play the cards you're dealt, right? :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived