Houston Texans Letterman Jackets

shaydre1019

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texans most impressive win is early in the season vs the Broncos, before Peyton got going. Not impressed they squeaked out a win vs the Jason Campbell lead Bears. Not impressed they smacked the vastly overrated Ravens and their shockingly bad Defense. Against Brady and Rodgers, they haven't looked competitive.

They played terrible today. Nothing went right and that fumble for the touchdown was the icing on the cake. But that's just the nature of the nfl.

The cardinals beat the patriots. Got destroyed by the Seahawks. It happens.

I'm still very confident though. I'll take 11-2.

And yet Texas still manages to make us look like amateurs every day. :P

New England managed to make the jackets their own motivation.

One New England player watched video of the Houston Texans wearing their spiffy high school-like Texans letterman jackets. Texans players wore them before enduring what would be a complete and embarrassing 42-14 plastering at the hands of the Patriots.

"They look cute," the Patriots player said of the Texans in their jackets. "They look like a high school swim team."

Alrighty then.

News of the jackets didn't go unnoticed by some in the Patriots locker room. To at least a few players, the jackets smacked of amateurism, a ploy used by a team not ready for the big time, but pretending to be. A few Patriots turned the jackets into a sarcastic meme in the hours before the game: this ain't high school.

Ouch.

I liked the idea of the jackets, but if you're going to have that swagger, you've got to back it up. The whole "biggest game in the history of the franchise" nonsense didn't help matters either.

And yet Texas still manages to make us look like amateurs every day. :P

As one who's in and out of both places on the regular and could probably take up residence in Brooklyn or Houston with equal aplomb...I gotta side with the yankeehead on this one here. :P. New Yorkers may come off as self-righteous, self-indulgent, superficial and ridiculously obnoxious*...but them folk down in the "Great State" are just insufferably pretentious.**

I liked the idea of the jackets, but if you're going to have that swagger, you've got to back it up. The whole "biggest game in the history of the franchise" nonsense didn't help matters either.

I didn't see the game, but was that brought up by the team itself, or perpetuated by the Worldwide Hype Machine? (And doesn't it seem like Texans have been "on the cusp" for about five years now?? Someone might wanna remind them of the late '90 Jacksonville Jaguars.)

*I still luv y'all tho

** y'all too, since it's still the south

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The "biggest game" quote was from Andre Johnson. I don't know what the context was, but it doesn't appear that he was particularly prodded into saying it, nor does it seem to have anything to do with ESPN.

Whatever the context, it was still an incredibly silly thing to say about a team that went to the Divisional round last season.

No doubt...especially from Andre Johnson, who ain't exactly the most outspoken person out there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived