Houston Texans Letterman Jackets

shaydre1019

Nike used to make these for all teams about a decade ago.

They occasionally turn up on eBay and places like that:

http://www.propertyroom.com/l/new-authentic-275-nike-team-dallas-cowboys-varsity-jacket-sz-l-/8192517

Team color bodies, tan leather sleeves, custom "Nike-fied" logo on the breast and a word mark on the back.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) this is about sports logos, not if a team is "for real" or not. wrong forum.

2) the texans identity is amazingly well done. and this is coming from a oilers/titans fan that considers the texans to be our main rival.

3) that letter jacket is amazing. the thick outline on the logo really pops.

Honestly I always felt the Texans bull logo was too cartoon-y. I know it might seem ridiculous to throw a retroactive "date" on the era of this logo (post-90s NBA cartoon, but pre-MLS "Euro-peeing" their FCs)...but it's just very...2002.

I know, I know that's a cop out since the team is 10 years old. And I'll admit it's much more difficult to "date" these modern logos (you can throw just about any other logo on this board and most will say it "screams 1965/1985/1992". Give this logo a few more years and someone will start a new category for "dated" logos like this one.

Really, it's the 00s Nets-style "aggressive angle" that bothers me about this KISS bull.

Edit: jerseys are clean and simple. Nothing to crap on there, but as a former Houstonian, I'd suggest the sentiment that the colors/logo of the Oilers would be preferable to the Texans look. I'm sure it's been mentioned countless times on this board, but it's a shame the Oilers look is disposed of. Really was one of the best, classic, and most unique in sport.

I'm a little surprised they went with a standard block instead of their custom font. Either way, they look fantastic, and I'm sure they'll be turning up in the NFL Shop for about $450 rather soon.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm a little surprised they went with a standard block instead of their custom font. Either way, they look fantastic, and I'm sure they'll be turning up in the NFL Shop for about $450 rather soon.

I was thinking the same thing about the block font. My guess is either they wanted it to stay true to a highschool letterman, or they wouldnt be able to get them with the custom font in time for this week.

The players have talked all year about the chemistry in the locker room and that it feels more like a college team than a pro team. That's where the letter jacket idea came from. I know nobody outside of Southeast Texas cares about or gives them much respect, but this is a fun and easy team to root for. Reminds me of the Luv Ya Blue Oilers and hopefully we will earn some respect this season so others around the country can get to know these guys. They're the anti-Jets.

As far as the name...Montreal Canadiens, Philadelphia Phillies....Houston Texans. Seems like they have good company.

It's actually kind of surprising nobody else has done this recently. I'm not sold on having the position on the sleeve, but if they really wanted that on there it should have been on the sleeve opposite the number.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Texans will find a way to choke in the Playoffs, much like their State Brethren.

The Cowboys are making the playoffs this year? :P

Your team isn't as impressive as you believe, its been their competition isn't as good as them so far.

You've Beaten Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee, NY Jets, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Detroit and Tennesee.

The only real teams you played were the Bears (Won 13-6), the Broncos (31-25), Ravens (Won 43-13) and the Packers (Lost 42-24).

Where is your real "Quality" win and statement game?

I believe your loss to the Packers was enough of a statement. And your near loss to the Broncos and Bears.

You're logic is all over the place. "You guys haven't beat any tough teams. Well except for the Bears, Broncos, and Ravens!" If they beat those teams then they have beat tough teams right?

As for the "soft" teams they've beaten? Miami and Detroit are better then their records indicate. They're both capable of giving anyone in the league a decent fight.

I don't have any bias, one way or another, towards the Texans. They're just impressive this year.

The team name isn't great. The Montreal Canadiens and Philadelphia Phillies are both over a hundred years old. Naming conventions were different back then.

I'm with Goth actually. The name is terrible, but the logo is fantastic. And, in my opinion, the logo and uniforms offset the terrible name. The uniform took a huge hit with the super thick Nike collars, but the general design is still there, and it's still a pretty great one. One of the few teams to get it right on their first go-around.

It's actually kind of surprising nobody else has done this recently. I'm not sold on having the position on the sleeve, but if they really wanted that on there it should have been on the sleeve opposite the number.

The other side is for patches, hopefully a division title and if we're lucky an AFC Championship and if we're really lucky an NFL Championship. I've lived in Houston too long to even assume we've clinched the division yet.

And by the way, I know this isn't the correct forum, but we've beaten more teams with winning records than the Patriots have this season. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Do you work for Bull Shirts, the company that made them?

You said Bulls on Parade so I'm curious.

Bulls on Parade is the nickname of the Houston Texans defense.

If you didn't know that you'll find out very soon.

The Texans have the best logo in the league?

Yeah right, and the Marlins just signed Babe Ruth.

Yup, looks like the Flying Elvis mated with the Chicago bull. Very generic looking. Add to to my "unpopular opinion" list. One of the worst logos in sports that isn't just a letter.

Yeah obviously i'm biased, but i think it does a fantastic job of incorporating a bull and the state flag. It screams texas to me and i think it looks great on the helmets.

Why would I know soon enough? The Texans will find a way to choke in the Playoffs, much like their State Brethren.

Your team isn't as impressive as you believe, its been their competition isn't as good as them so far.

You've Beaten Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee, NY Jets, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Detroit and Tennesee.

The only real teams you played were the Bears (Won 13-6), the Broncos (31-25), Ravens (Won 43-13) and the Packers (Lost 42-24).

Where is your real "Quality" win and statement game?

I believe your loss to the Packers was enough of a statement. And your near loss to the Broncos and Bears.

Is he kidding guys? or is he just trolling?

first of all, we made it to the second round of the playoffs and were a 3rd string rookie quarterback and a muffed punt away from beating a ravens at home and advancing to the afc championship. Remind me again how that is considered choking? (The ravens were a missed fg away from the super bowl, mind you)

The packers loss was our first game without Brian Cushing, still adjusting.

The Broncos and Bears? Near losses? really?

We were clearly in control the entirety of both of those games.

I like the way you change "Win" to a "near loss" when you try to shed negative light on a victory.

Is a 43-13 win against the 3 loss ravens not a quality win?

If having the best Running back and arguably the best wr in the league doesnt help my argument, maybe the defensive player of the yr will.

The road to the super bowl in the AFC will go through Reliant Stadium this yr, i can promise you that.

Like I said, the Texans are not special- even with those letterman jackets looking as spiffy as they did.

And to answer your question, neither Trolling or Kidding- just telling it like it is.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived