Lifelong dream come true.

epper

Hey all,

As some of you may know, I'm a graphic designer by trade. I've been in the industry for about 6 years, working in studios in and around Toronto and Niagara. This past year, I went out on my own as a freelancer, and through some connections I've had the amazing opportunity to have the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens) as a client.

This season I was tasked with creating the main seasonal marketing logo, season ticket packages, pocket schedules, game programs, brochures, TV graphics and rinkboard signage, among other things. It's been really cool to finally combine my love of sports and design (and actually get paid for it!)

Before I ever became a pro designer, my childhood dream was always to see one of my designs out on a pro field: whether it be a uniform design, logo on a cap/helmet or painted on a field. Well, I was just assigned a new project that will (sort of) fulfil this dream: design a patch to be worn on the Bulldogs' uniforms for their "Pink in the Rink" night in February (a Breast Cancer awareness night).

It may only be for one night, and not a full uni or logo, and not even a major league, but it will still be pretty awesome to see my work out there on the ice. If you guys are interested, I'll be sure to post the final logo and hopefully some action shots of the Bulldogs on game night.

Just thought I'd share my excitement with my fellow sports logo nerds. ^_^

That sounds awesome! I only wish to know how it would feel to fufil your dream like that. And yeah, posting the final logo would be awesome.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Very cool - congrats!

I'd also love to see your roughs, get a sense of the progression as much as you are able to/comfortable with sharing.

or some of the other things that have already been used.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived