Holmes' NHL Designs

Jack Holmes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Blues. The striping looks like the lines on a music sheet (sorry, don't know the proper terms lol).

I loved your original Ducks concept the best, but found the gold too forced. Make the Webbed-foot-D silver to fit in with the rest of the uniform, and make a classic Duck mask alternate.

Thanks. I am working on a new Ducks concept at the moment, using the new colours, just finished the third jersey:

FLPhfTF.png

I can dig the Blues, very sharp look especially that number font. CBJ's blue is too dark IMO, but it has a lot of potential

Cheers. I wasn't really sure if the Blues concept would work without a 'modern' font. And yeah, I think I'm using a Houston Texans blue for Columbus. Might lighten up for a third jersey.

Updating with a new Habs concept:

FAN80fQ.png

And maybe my first Sharks concept:

ENTiSS4.png

(using another really dark shade here)

Something looks off ont he white FLames jersey stripes--not sure what.

But I do like the look and wish they would switch to something like that.

As for the alt--I like it except the flaming snot bald horse head.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been a fan of the Stars concepts. While I do like that you went back to green and gold, and I actually like the new logo a lot and victory green. Any way you could take a stab at a set that combines the new look with gold worked in?

Oh, and your Columbus third jersey was stunning. Also liked the Avs with a Northwestern stripe, although it is a Montreal staple (I wish they would use it on their white set as well like your third concept, really nice.).

• 2 months later...

Haven't been a fan of the Stars concepts. While I do like that you went back to green and gold, and I actually like the new logo a lot and victory green. Any way you could take a stab at a set that combines the new look with gold worked in?

Oh, and your Columbus third jersey was stunning. Also liked the Avs with a Northwestern stripe, although it is a Montreal staple (I wish they would use it on their white set as well like your third concept, really nice.).

I have been working on a new Stars' concept incorporating their new logo, of which I am not a fan, for the record, but still, here it is:

WWr4sIr.png

I am also having a hard time deciding on what shade of blue I prefer for my new Avs set: sky or pacific. I anybody has a preference, tell me:

gUOy0Gp.png

Archived