Holmes' NHL Designs

Jack Holmes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be Perfectly Honest, I'm not a fan of that Canes set. Light Blue / Dark Blue / White is my least favourite scheme and doesn't work with that logo set, especially the flag logo. and the cuffs look to empty on that template.

I do really like that Flames set, It would be really great IMO with a lighter shade of red and the flames C logo.

Please change the Flames back to their proper logo. The flaming snot logo should never see the light of day again.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pesonally I find the white on the home Flames jerseys jarring.

It doesn't flow--yellow would look so much better.

And put white where you have yellow.

I'd at least like to see what that looks like.

And good idea ditching the flaming snot horse head logo.

Bald horses just look wrong.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

No Sharks....?

I would like to come back around to the Sharks later. I always struggle with ideas for San Jose for some reason.

Updated with Columbus:

P9B0n9n.png

The stripping patterns don't match because I started with the home and by the time I got around to the away, I realised I hate off-white on white. So I tried to find a balance in between.

Maybe a way to make them match would be to have the yoke and arm stripes mixed like the current jets set has?

Other sets look nice enough. White yokes seem hard to pull off though, and I don't know the Stars jersey pulls it off. Darker yoke would be better imo.

What happened here? Your first 2 pages of concepts were really strong but in this last page they've gone to hell.

I really like what do did with Colorado...nice. (the first one, not the latest)

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

What happened here? Your first 2 pages of concepts were really strong but in this last page they've gone to hell.

I was getting bored, just a little bit, and I don't have as much free time as I did when I started this thread, so I thought whenever I get the chance, I would try with some designs I normally wouldn't advocate for (I actually do like my second Ducks and Stars' designs though). Hence the first page or so are more traditional of what I would want to see in the league, and the next page and a half are best saved for an alternate universe or something.

I was inspired in the begining, in part, by the 'Re-Bourne' series on Icethetics from a year ago. Those concepts didn't receive much positive feedback but I thought the designer did a nice job all around and I liked seeing some out-of-the-box kind of ideas.

That is actually a neat look for the Blue Jackets. I don't normally like vintage white being used for the sake of it, but as part of the colour scheme - much like their expansion brothers the Wild with their similar wheat colour - it works surprisingly well for them! The uniforms they use now aren't bad, but this would certainly be an upgrade for them. My only suggestion would be to go with a new name and number font.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Really?

All of them?

The Flames one I've voiced my opinion on, but the Oilers one I liked.

Those colours are way better than the blue & orange.

The shades they use just do not work, and look so tacky.

If it wasn't for the Cup years people would embrace the copper look.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Really?

All of them?

The Flames one I've voiced my opinion on, but the Oilers one I liked.

Those colours are way better than the blue & orange.

The shades they use just do not work, and look so tacky.

If it wasn't for the Cup years people would embrace the copper look.

True, to be fair the Oilers one isn't half bad.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I was getting bored, just a little bit, and I don't have as much free time as I did when I started this thread, so I thought whenever I get the chance, I would try with some designs I normally wouldn't advocate for (I actually do like my second Ducks and Stars' designs though). Hence the first page or so are more traditional of what I would want to see in the league, and the next page and a half are best saved for an alternate universe or something.

I was inspired in the begining, in part, by the 'Re-Bourne' series on Icethetics from a year ago. Those concepts didn't receive much positive feedback but I thought the designer did a nice job all around and I liked seeing some out-of-the-box kind of ideas.

Interesting... Well, you do have some of that going on with a number of the concepts on this page. I wouldn't say they're bad, but I would have to agree that your initial redesign sets were a little stronger, but I guess that's the risk one takes with less traditional looks in a mostly traditional asthetic preferred NHL.

...that said, keep up with trying something different. It is interesting to see and comment on a different take rather than the 100th version of a concept we've all seen before... Though I do love some of the NHL's traditional/iconic looks just as much as anyone else.

As for the Oilers set, I don't mind it... The red line along with the copper never made much sense to me though. It always seems to just get lost in the copper colors, so what is its purpose in the jersey? Anyways... looks clean, looks good the colors aren't a bad set for the Oilers. But I still prefer the life and brightness that the current blue/orange retro Oilers look has though.

• 3 months later...

Archived