Holmes' NHL Designs

Jack Holmes

Why did you move the sleeve stripes on Chicago down the sleeves?

Short answer: to be indie.

I'm not a big fan of the Jackets' jerseys....the striping is too inconsistent between the sleeves and the hem. Also, on the third you should give credit where credit is due for the shoulder patch.

No, yeah, of course, sorry about that. Credit to Avi Stein for the shoulder patch.

Anaheim redone:

cP5XQ0D.png

Carolina w/ red trim:

7ZNFN13.png

And continuing on with the series.

Dallas:

j2wWSUv.png

Bringing back green. I started with a black trim on the green but I prefer the white.

Detroit:

DnpB8Cm.png

Keeping it normal. Former WC as optional third.

Edmonton:

GKHnlUJ.png

Thickening the centre orange stripe. Adding in a dark navy third.

Florida:

zp1qUqy.png

Sticking with the red.

Hopefully it won't take me so long to post the next batch.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks update is solid, nothing to crazy, but good.

I really like the Cane's away update, a whole lot of red and it still looks great.

The Dallas home jersey is awesome!! I am a total sucker for lots of white on a home jersey. The away looks really nice too, but I think the third is kinda boring. I generally am not of fan of thirds that are just recolors of the home/aways. Even just changing the stiping can make it look different enough to stand out in the set.

My Wings... Simple, classic, flawless... just the way we should be haha.

Oilers look really nice, I like the wide orange stipe. See my Dallas comments when it comes to the third.

The more I look at the Florida set, the more I like it. The stripes are different and work well with there colors. The third is pretty nice too, but I think it would be nice with out the yoke.

I really like the pants on the Wild, you dont see those kinda stripes in the NHL, also like the cream for the away.

Kings look nice, I like that logo in just black and white, I think I like there current look a little better though. Now the third, thats another story. I dont think I have ever seen a purple/silver look for the kings, and I will addmit that when I first looked at it I was just thinking, what the heck did he do?!?! But the more I looked at it the more I liked it. The look is really unique, but not crazy over the top, it would stand out a lot, and would look really nice on the ice. So well done sir, very original.

For the Habs third, I like the thought process, and think that idea is better than the various throwbacks that get thrown around. Maybe try white numbers on the back with a blue outline. The red numbers are the only thing holding it back IMO. Nice job on this series so far.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

For the Habs third, I like the thought process, and think that idea is better than the various throwbacks that get thrown around. Maybe try white numbers on the back with a blue outline. The red numbers are the only thing holding it back IMO. Nice job on this series so far.

I was just about to suggest the same thing. That Montreal third is a thing of beauty but the numbers should be a different color.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the Habs a lot, especially the third. I see what the others are saying about the red numbers, but I think it could be fixed. The reason the red logo works on the front is because the white and blue outlines are MUCH thicker than the outlines on the numbers, try to thicken those up and I think it will look much better.

Preds are ok, nothing really to complain about, but they seem a bit simple. When I think Preds I tend to think more modern striping and a little more "out there" uni set. Dont really know what I would change specifically, too simple is all that comes to mind.

• 1 month later...

For the Wild: you had me until you decided to scrap the "Minnesota" script. It's a work of art. It shouldnt be left out

Noted for next time. :)

It's been a long time; but I thought I should finish this series.

New Jersey:

6Xz3sp9.png

NY Islanders:

uXVn9Em.png

NY Rangers:

ynJi3yZ.png

Next, Ottawa, Philly, Phoenix and the Pens.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

love the canucks concept with the 1970 logo as the primary. Also like the sabres, just make the blue on the home a bit darker. Also love the blues concept. I also love the minnesota jerseys, espicially the away jersey. I love that colour. Can u please give me the download link for the jerseys. I too wanna make some. thx and great job.

2llhtfa.jpg

jigx09.jpg

Thanks to Silent Wind of Doom for these sweet sigs.

Archived